Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy to make your acquaintance

Welcome aboard, Rennie!

And BTW, you can post as many pictures as you like...the limit is 5 per post, but you can reply to your own post in the same thread and do 5 more. You may also want to check out the thread at the top of the Support Forum about using pictures in-line...very useful!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Marty,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've participated in a number of other forums and became quickly dissapointed with the sniping, etc. After reading a few hundred posts here I sensed this site was different. I'm looking forward to the experience.

Rennie
    I have been black and blue in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts with my own furniture. - Frank Lloyd Wright

I have been black and blue and bloody in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts while building my own furniture. - Rennie Heuer

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    you can post as many pictures as you like...the limit is 5 per post, but you can reply to your own post in the same thread and do 5 more. You may also want to check out the thread at the top of the Support Forum about using pictures in-line...very useful!
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for the info. There are other pictures I'd like to post as I am anxious to solicit some constructive comments on design and wood use.

This frame was a mother's day gift for my wife. She had the print for many years, but it was in a cheap frame that was starting to fall apart. It's made from Lyptus and walnut. I found the design on the web at an A&C furniture site and adapted it to my needs. Noble full.JPG Noble close.JPG

This frame was also made for my wife. The picture is a pencil drawing of her father made by a fellow POW in Corregidor - my father-in-law was a "guest" of the emporer for over 2 years during WWII. POW.JPG

Over all I like the frames, but the smaller one seems a bit out of proportion - stiles and rails too wide?

I suppose it is apparent that I like A&C furniture.

Rennie
    I have been black and blue in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts with my own furniture. - Frank Lloyd Wright

I have been black and blue and bloody in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts while building my own furniture. - Rennie Heuer

Welcome Rennie, I think you'll like it here.

I don't suppose you would consider posting larger pictures? that was a lovely picture frame. I also like A+C, and Shaker, and lots of other stuff.

best,
    ...art

ps: very nice job on the pulpit furniture. Our church really needs to overhaul the furniture. over the years it has become a mishmash.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder
    Welcome Rennie, I think you'll like it here.

I don't suppose you would consider posting larger pictures? that was a lovely picture frame. I also like A+C, and Shaker, and lots of other stuff.

best,
    ...art

ps: very nice job on the pulpit furniture. Our church really needs to overhaul the furniture. over the years it has become a mishmash.
    Art,

Thanks for the compliment. I'd love to post larger pictures, but don't know how to. I compressed all of those I posted to get under the size limits. Most are way under, perhaps too.....

Rennie

Hi Rennie,
    Glad you've joined, I'm sure you'll add as much or more than you take away from the forum. There are indeed many of us west of the Mississippi, in fact, I'm not far from you here in central Washington.
    I enjoyed looking at the pic's of your work and was shocked to see the communion set! Did you post that on the New Yankee website several years ago? I saw one there, haven't been able to find it again and really want to build one for my pastor. I particularly am interested in your source for the element containers. If this is the same one, I'm astonished at the coincedence!
    Either way, great to have you here and look forward to your input.
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer
    Art,

Thanks for the compliment. I'd love to post larger pictures, but don't know how to. I compressed all of those I posted to get under the size limits. Most are way under, perhaps too.....
    There is a tutorial, and related notes, over on the Support Forum.

Basically, I find that if I scale my pictures to 800x600, and save as a jpeg with the quality set to "85%", then the picture usuall fall under the 110k limit.

Hi Jerry,

I hope I live up to expectations! You have a keen eye and a teriffic memory. Yes, the communion kit on NYW is mine. In fact, it is exactly the same picture. I'm flattered that it made such an impression.

I'm in the Boise area - been through Yakima a few times. Perhaps we'll meet up at a WW show someday. I'm going to attempt to make it to the Denver show this year, combining it with a visit to my daughter's. I've been to the Portland show once, but their schedule and mine have been out of sync for several years. Never made it to the Seattle show.

Rennie

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder
    There is a tutorial, and related notes, over on the Support Forum.

Basically, I find that if I scale my pictures to 800x600, and save as a jpeg with the quality set to "85%", then the picture usuall fall under the 110k limit.
    OK, let's see if this works!

Thanks.Copy of DSCN0670.JPG

Welcome aboard. It is always good to see a fellow Idahoan around here.

Hi Troy!

How are things on the other side of the state? I was starting to wonder if there were any other Idahoans here.

Rennie

Welcome to SMC. Man what a beautiful shop! I am envious. Look forward to more.

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer
    OK, let's see if this works!
    Worked like a charm, eh?

Rennie,

Welcome to SMC....!

You've got a nice shop and your workmanship is excellent.
    Nice A&C work!!

1) Is your shop floor a painted epoxy?
    2) Do you have a favorite method for making the ebony plugs?

Rennie..............Welcome to the Creek! Wade right in the water's fine! Neat place to exchange information, ideas and opinions! Nice to see another fellow Idahoan around the site! I've had a hard time convincing this bunch that we do have Fedex and the Pony Express stopped running here around 1996!

Nice shop and you are well above the "beginner" level in woodworking! If you are in the Lewiston area..........give me a call....I"m in the phone book.

Again.............Welcome!

BTW.........stay away from the turner's forum....those idiots will shove you into the vortex!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....