Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes you must cry

My Scooter and Tera just barked at me to relay their best doggy wishes as well.

Come on Gregor!!!!!!!
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

my thoughts are with you nick.
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Nick.

I feel your pain bro'. I got a three legged Viszla that had a run in with a Ford Bronco a few years back. He lost the front leg. I was seriously bummed.

Dogs are amazing animals. We thought we would lose him twice in the week following the accident, but he just kept on. He also lost some serious body weight during the whole ordeal..

Keep the faith, and don't worry so much about your dog possibly losing the leg. It's incredible how quickly they adapt to it. A month or two after the accident, I saw my dog hopping across the driveway on two legs, because he had gotten a thorn in one of his rear paws. What a hammer.

We're pulling for you.

I'm pulling for all of you.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Animals are tough, even if he loses a leg he will find a way to cope. Nephew had a 3 legged mutt when he was a kid. Even on 3 legs she still ran groundhogs down on a daily basis.

We are all praying for him
    Best wishes
    Kenda, Flint and Red are tossiong in some Lab zen to go along with that fine Irish Setter zen

You, your family and Gregor are in my thoughts!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Wishing Gregor our best. We know how you feel our pets have a way with our hearts and become members of the family
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the very last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Good luck

I think I know exactly how you feel. We always have 40 to 45 adopted street dogs that come with no hair but plenty of worms and whatever. They all become part of the family and loosing one is a horrible experience but compared to what they gave you while with you what is there to say. Good luck.

Zach and I send our best wishes!

Mark

Update:

Gregor made it thru another day although in serious pain. He may get a blood transfusion tomorrow to limit the chance of sepsis (Systemic infection).
    Last edited by Nick Englesby; 09-24-2006 at 4:05 AM.

Leo, Everett, Logan and I wish Gregor, you and your family all the best.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Nick, I'm afraid I can't add much more than what the other folks have already said. Please, accept my most sincere wishes for Gregor and your entire family, so that this whole incident has a happy ending. True enough, our pets really do become a part of our family and we can only hope and pray for the best. You have that coming from this end!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

13. Thumbs up

Hi Nick,
    .... Dogs especially have always been a BIG part of my life too. I will pray to GOD for you, Gregor and your family and to allow HIS will to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Englesby
    My dog (Gregor) was hit by a car on Tuesday. I am working in California and my wife just couldnt tell me because of me being out of town and not wanting me to worry. He is hurt very badly and has been in a critical care animal hospital since Monday. He may or may not lose his left rear leg. He may or may not live I just hope that he will live. I will do whatever it takes to help our dog survive. He is a member of our family and will be cared for accordingly.

I am obviously very sad and just wanted to vent a little. My little girl is constantly asking my wife where Greggy is. My wife told me that our once 100 lb. German Shepard now weighs 75 lbs. If he survives he will need multiple skin grafts on his rear leg to replace all that was lost in the accident.

Sorry for such a bummer of a post.

I cant sleep and cannot do anything to help either as im stuck here for another week.
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.

How's the dog doing nick??

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits
    How's the dog doing nick??

Al
    He is still very much a mess. Infection is under control and he seems to be healing slowly. If most of the pads on his rear leg heal he may be able to keep it. My wife meets with the surgeon on Wednesday to talk about options. The big question is if the leg will be usable or not. It is difficult to get details from my wife because it is so hard for her to talk about. I will be home on Sunday and will be able to see him myself.

I am hopeful.

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts.