Thread: Black Marble

Black Marble

Hi EveryOne

I know this topic has already been talked about plenty of times. But I really do need some help.
    Ok, to start off with I have a photo of me where I cut the background out around my head in Photo Paint. Put Back into Corel Draw. Did every thing previously mentioned, resized, greyscale, resample, etc. Export. Opened in PhotoGrav. Used Black Marble Params. All Looks great. (I used auto-Process as have no idea?!) Saved Engraved Image. Opened back up in Corel. Now my problem is that that photograv has put a black background around my face. The only way i could see to solve this problem was to take back into Photo paint cut the black out, put back into Corel Draw. (LONG PROCESS) Any way my question is; Is this what i am meant to do?? I have lasered it onto black marble from Laserworx Australia (Laserbits- to you guys) All looks ok, it's just i was hoping there is a quicker way, for future projects. If not Just have to get the p/s settings right on my laser.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thankyou
    Aimee

Since you are preparing an image to print on black marble, you want to make the original (before Photograv) to have a black background, not a white background. The marble is black, so anything that is black in the original will not get engraved. It'll show the black of the marble.

So, when you cut out the background around your head in the photo program you need to have a black background, or fill it with black.