Thread: Grip Rite Tool Gloat

Grip Rite Tool Gloat

Wanted to let everyone know in case you would have the same opportunity in your area.
    I was in my local NON-bigbox lumberyard today and the salesman I deal with told me about a deal on the new line of Grip Rite nail and staple guns.
    Grip Rite was offering $100 trade in for nail guns and $50 trade in of for brad and staple guns. There is also a $20 mail in rebate. My salesman told me it didn't matter if the trade-in worked or not. I asked him if they would take a brad gun as trade for a framer and he said, yea no problem. Grip Rite is just trying to get their tools out there and get some word of mouth advertising.
    I went home and picked up a brad gun that I had paid $25 for several years back and returned to the store. The asking price for the framer I purchase is $229 but after the trade-in and rebate I'll only have $109+tax in a new full round head framer.
    It uses Grip Rite or Duofast nails and it looks like a cross between a Duofast and a Senco. When I got it home I ran a couple racks of nails through it and it shoots great. If you would like, you can check out the guns on their website http://www.grip-rite.com/grip_rite_p...s.asp?Action=0. You won't find anything about the deal on the website. These guns would be worth checking out if they are sold in your area.
    I have several Senco guns and the Grip Rite seem to be comparable.
    Last edited by Paul Greathouse; 09-30-2006 at 1:02 AM.