Thread: companies i like to deal with #2

companies i like to deal with #2

thought since i started this "who i like" stuff with a pretty big company i`d follow it with a fairly small company.... quality vak vacuum veneering/clamping systems. ed ferri is the owner and just a plain ol`nice guy. i`ve bought a few different systems and quite a few bags over the years and never had anything but good experiences dealing with ed.
    in the last few weeks there`s been a couple of threads about vacuum veneering and situations where folks could have used vacuum clamping to their advantage so i figured i`d throw ed`s company into the mix `cause he`s a nice fellow to deal with and offers a product i haven`t been able to screw up in literally years of hard use. i asked ed to send me a couple of pics and he did, one of him and his son and one of some of his product so i`ll attach those, i also invited ed to join the creek `cause afterall he`s a woodworker too..............once again just my.02 tod

ed and neal for web.jpg

family for web.JPG
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

tod,

Thanks for posting this. I've gone to their web site and requested a catalog/cd.

Looking at their site, they have QUITE a selection of systems, bags, etc. And boy are their prices all over the place!

What sort of system do you use, air, electric...what sort and size bag...what accessories...etc?

Keep posting info on good companies to deal with. We all benefit

- Marty -

Have you got a link Tod?

And btw, you're one of the folks around here whose opinion I put a value on of at least .025.

This is a nice feature. Keep em' coming, please.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

marty, my system consists of a venturi type main pump that i use to pull the initial vacuum and a small gast pump that runs on 110 to maintain the vacuum. my big bag is 20mil poly 6x16ft, i`ve got a couple 4x8 30 mil poly bags and a 30 mil poly stairbag. i`m sure the "all over the board" pricing is for different types/sizes and quality of systems, not everyone could use a system like i use, it takes up quite a bit of floor space and when i`m running the main pump really draws the air! i think the poly bags are worth every nickle and for most applications 20 mil is all you`ll need, but call ed he`s really a nice guy (even though he has the east-coast accent).

mark, here`s a link,
    http://www.qualityvak.com/
    but i do better on the phone......02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Thanks for bringing this up.
    One a these days I need a system

Timely post for me Tod as I'm kinda shoping for a vacuum system. QVC has a real nice selection and the pricing seems reasonable.

That's a cool idea you have to use a a venturi for the main draw down! My 110 volt compressor would never do the job, same for air tools. (sigh)

I think I'd be happier with a frame press (shop built) for most jobs.

Thanks for the heads up on a good company.

ed, you`re welcome! give ed a call and see what he recomends for what you`re wanting to do, he`s a wealth of knowledge who knows more than one way to skin the proverbial cat....tod

Hey Tod,
    I called QVP, nice suprise, their 800 number works way out here in the sticks.
    After talking to them and *learning* I think I'll take a little detour. I believe I will upgrade my compressor to 5hp and go with their 5.2 cfm venturi system. In addition to being a better fit then a pump for what I want to do it can be upgraded to the 10 cfm system at anytime for the cost difference between the units if I find myself wanting more.

Bonus! I'll be able to use most air tools and I won't have to listen to this blasted little oilless unit I have now. Buy once, cry once.

Good stuff, thanks again.