Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Links in signatures

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Links in signatures

Recently I have had to edit quite a few signatures to remove direct links. The Terms of Service prohibit links of any kind in your signature. Please edit your signature to remove any links by going to your User CP and click on "edit signature".

"Your Friendly Moderator"

Ken,
    I realise that these are in violation to the TOS but namy folks are so anxous to become SMC members they my not take the time to fully read the TOU. Why nmnot send them a friendly E Mail or PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer
    Ken,
    I realise that these are in violation to the TOS but namy folks are so anxous to become SMC members they my not take the time to fully read the TOU. Why nmnot send them a friendly E Mail or PM rather then use your Iron fist to delete them. Some times a little tact is better then an Iron fist.
    I edit their signature put a reason in the "last edited by" line. E-mails would be additional work. Just stop and think we (the moderators) had 14,125 new posts in September. Reviewing that many posts is work enough without having to add more.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 10-11-2006 at 1:29 AM.

4. Another issue which I have come to realize about the TOS which each member has agreed to is the whom we have entered into agreement with:

SawMill Creek is wholly owned by Hampton Roads Online Ltd.
    Keith W. Outten Jr. President
    Hampton Roads Online Ltd.
    1213-H Geo. Washington Memorial Highway
    Yorktown, VA. 23693

If nothing else, this may well be another reason that the TOS needs updating. Once Hampton Roads Online went away, is this really a binding agreement for either side of the owner/membership equation?

Moot point, maybe. But this should be amended in lieu of actual TOS changes.

Take care, Mike

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    I edit their signature put a reason in the "last edited by" line. E-mails would be additional work. Just stop and think we (the moderators) had 14,125 new posts in September. Reviewing that many posts is work enough without having to add more.

I resent the "iron fist" remark. Comments like that are not warranted by you or anyone else.
    Why don't you guys add some new mods?

Seems like with the rapid growth of the creek, you hard working mods need some back up...?

I'm sure that you could find some good people here that would help you out.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    Another issue which I have come to realize about the TOS which each member has agreed to is the whom we have entered into agreement with:

SawMill Creek is wholly owned by Hampton Roads Online Ltd.
    Keith W. Outten Jr. President
    Hampton Roads Online Ltd.
    1213-H Geo. Washington Memorial Highway
    Yorktown, VA. 23693

If nothing else, this may well be another reason that the TOS needs updating. Once Hampton Roads Online went away, is this really a binding agreement for either side of the owner/membership equation?

Take care, Mike
    Huh, that is funny Mike, I've read the TOS recently, several times, I've even printed it out, but I missed that point, good catch!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff

Take care, Mike
    Aaron is working on a TOS update.

There is no need what so ever in bringing this issue up again. Like Keith said in a recent post:

"Anyone who is dissatisfied with the way things are done around here should move on or adjust to the way things are done here. Your other option is to wait for me to adjust your account status to "Guest" which won't take long at the pace you are moving."

You would do yourself a favor by paying heed to Keith's warning.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Aaron is working on a TOS update.

There is no need what so ever in bringing this issue up again. Like Keith said in a recent post:

"Anyone who is dissatisfied with the way things are done around here should move on or adjust to the way things are done here. Your other option is to wait for me to adjust your account status to "Guest" which won't take long at the pace you are moving."

You would do yourself a favor by paying heed to Keith's warning.
    Ken, excuse me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like a threat....?

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    Ken, excuse me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like a threat....?
    Categorize it as you like.-they are Keith's words and he is the boss.

Due to the recent disruptions/discontent/personal bashing/complaining/and deviation from what this forum is intended to be, causes us to do what is necessary to bring some sense resonability back.

"Criticizm is prejudice made plausible" -- H.L. Mencken
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 10-11-2006 at 8:30 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Categorize it as you like.

Due to the recent disruptions/discontent/personal bashing/complaining/and deviation from what this forum is intended to be, causes us to do what is necessary to bring some sense resonability back.

"Criticizm is prejudice made plausible" -- H.L. Mencken
    No sir, I'm not calling it a threat, I'm asking if you meant it to be one, if you did.......... well, I guess people can just find somewhere else to hang there hat eh?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    No sir, I'm not calling it a threat, I'm asking if you meant it to be one, if you did.......... well, I guess people can just find somewhere else to hang there hat eh?

Cheers!
    Now you get it Stu

Cheers back at ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff

If nothing else, this may well be another reason that the TOS needs updating.

Take care, Mike
    I sent you a PM on this issue. It is best we handle this privately.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Now you get it Stu

Cheers back at ya.
    I got it a while back Ken, I just wanted you to be clear about what you are saying, so no one can cry foul when you ban them for complaining.

Cheers!

We're looking into that as an option.. it's a long process.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl
    We're looking into that as an option.. it's a long process.
    Aaron, is the it that you are looking at as an option 'links in signatures'?