Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mayo vs Mustard

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Overman
    If you add banannas and fry it in butter in the frying pan it's especially good!
    eewwwww not with coffee.....
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Depends on the sandwich. Mustard on ham or brats, mayo on most else. Dukes mayo, of course. No real southerner would be caught eating any other kind of mayo.

Either way, you don't have to worry too much about dust collection.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Marmite. (and this bit is because apparently marmite is not a sufficiently long and descriptive answer to qualify as a response. It is of course. In fact Marmite is a very valid answer to many of lifes main questions. It seems a shame that when a perfect and self conatined answer can be produced in only seven letters, that the technical ramifications of making that perfect and self contained answer, using technology available in the early years of the twenty first century, mean that a meaningless and overly verbose rider has to be included, even if parenthetically, in order to match some arbitrary minimum length of response)

Mayo and mustard on the turkey sandwich...the best of both worlds!!
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
    I like em all, but my standard now is the exotic Kiwi fruit!!
    Err, since when is Kiwi exotic? I've been eating Kiwi's here in Canada for at least 15 years. I admit they weren't around in the early 80's, but are now pretty common.

I have a coworker here who is a kiwi, (ie: from NZ) and he eats the skin even. Just buffs them a bit on his sleeve and bites into it. I've tried it, and it's not that bad, but I think I'll stick with a knife and spoon.

But to address Don... Both! White or rye bread, some mayo, some smoked ham or pastrami, a thin slice of cheese and a few dabs of mustard. If the fridge cooperates, a slice of crisp lettuce is nice. But if not, you can even dab on a spoonfull of relish if the mood strikes.

Voila!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder
    Err, since when is Kiwi exotic? I've been eating Kiwi's here in Canada for at least 15 years. I admit they weren't around in the early 80's, but are now pretty common.
    Geez Art, let me have my little fantasies eh?

Mean Mister Mustard sleeps in the park
    Shaves in the dark trying to save paper
    Sleeps in a hole in the road
    Saving up to buy some clothes
    Keeps a ten-bob note up his nose
    Such a mean old man
    Such a mean old man

His sister Pam works in a shop
    She never stops, she's a go-getter
    Takes him out to look at the queen
    Only place that he's ever been
    Always shouts out something obscene
    Such a dirty old man
    Dirty old man

The Beatles
    Last edited by Glenn Clabo; 10-06-2006 at 9:45 AM.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

It's mustard on my sammich and my shop!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Depends on sandwich. Pastrami, sasuage, mustard. Burgers, mayo.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mickley
    Miracle Whip
    Me too - it's best on grilled cheese!

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barley
    Marmite. (and this bit is because apparently marmite is not a sufficiently long and descriptive answer to qualify as a response. It is of course. In fact Marmite is a very valid answer to many of lifes main questions. It seems a shame that when a perfect and self conatined answer can be produced in only seven letters, that the technical ramifications of making that perfect and self contained answer, using technology available in the early years of the twenty first century, mean that a meaningless and overly verbose rider has to be included, even if parenthetically, in order to match some arbitrary minimum length of response)
    Ian, you're a nice fellow, but I need to remind you that we have outlawed Marmite on this side of the ocean. Gastly tasting stuff IMHO.

Mustard on my brats, ham & cheese and in the shop, but mayo on burgers and some other things.
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Barley
    Marmite????
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Depends on the sandwitch:
    Mustard for Turkey or chicken sandwitches

Mayo for those marvelous summer delights inch thick slices of Home made bread and inch thick tomato slices - yum

Then there are other things like lobster salad sandwitches that have may already in it.

With chicken fingers...it's BOTH...combined with a little honey for good measure.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

"""""""
    eewwwww not with coffee.....
    """""""""

Of course not silly, everybody knows you eat them with milk....

Mayo on peanutbutter, mustard on hot dogs.
    Horse radish on everything else...

Al