Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

"Weekend Doin's"

Friday October 6th, 2006

It's Friday again. Time to figure out what we're gonna do for the weekend.

I'm going to try and work on a couple of small things I've been wanting to do. Earlier this week was the first time since my run in with the jointer that I've done any WW'ing. I'm much more careful and use all safety devices now. The previously mentioned plans could change if this is the weekend for the Pumpkin Fest in Neekoosa though. They have "Punkin Chunkin" too. We'll see. Oh, yeah TALLADEGA Sunday.

So, what plans do you have? Fun, work, nonsense or just relax and watch a game or two.

Whatever it is, enjoy your time off. You deserve it.

Be Safe.

Karl
    Last edited by Karl Laustrup; 10-06-2006 at 6:36 AM.
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

I plan on working on about 35 maple rp doors that I have on order and if I get any time for anything else I have an entertainment center to be working on as well.

I haven't chimed in here in quite a while again but still do check in usually every morning and evening.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Talking

David Marks seminar put on by the Minnesota ww guild,can't wait .All day Saturday and Sunday

Tom

I really need to get started on my sis's second wall unit. Been trying to get some odd ball projects out of the way, one is detter DC for the palner and for the drum sander.

Pick the last of the tomatos, maybe if I'm lucky figure out why the garden tractor won,t start. if I get it running run the tiller through the garden, mulch the strawberries, prune the blueberries. Cut some firewood, eh I'll do that monday. Theres a huge stack of scrap 2X6's that need cut into firewood. mulch pile needs turned,

No matter what else theres Nascar, gotta watch the race!!!!!
    Punkin chunkin? you better go and get pics. I've seen it on TV and I would love to see it in person!!

I'm going to finish a pencil box I'm making for LOML, then it's off to Lumber Logs. I need to get some walnut for a sofa table I'm making for a friend. After I get back from Lumber Logs and unload, it's off to get a load of rock for the driveway.

Working the last of the kicthen cabinets. I'd like to buff out the table top but still waiting for the Menzerna compound and polish to show up. Going to the woodworking show tomorrow.

Sat is a work day for me, but Sat after work I'll be cleaning the garage, hard to throw away 25+ years of "stuff"
    Sunday is the David Marks seminar and maybe I'll get to meet a fellow SMC'r or two.
    Sunday after that I'll probably be back cleaning and I have Monday off
    and plan on sneaking out for a round of golf.

Al

I suspect this is going to be yet another non-woodworking weekend for a variety of family and work reasons...but I'll be thinking about it!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Not much woodworking for me either as we've got some very nice social engagements planned, but I do plan to go to the Woodworking Show either Saturday or Sunday.

I do hope to get the sanding done on a QSWO sofa table top I'm making and to perhaps build the tent I'll use for fuming it.

Blaine

I'm off today and don't have a trip until Tuesday. (Rough work but somebody has to do it), Hoping to get a good start on a rigid pipe compressed air system for the whole shop. Making some door trim and mouldings. Back in the shop in about five minutes to spend some quality time with the bandsaw.
    take care,
    John

Still trying to figure it out..

Three weeks ago I moved into a new two car shop with a house attached. While the space is bigger than my last shop, I am still trying to figure out how to best lay out my shop. I have some restrictions laid on by LOML I have to consider so it is still very much a work in progress. The quicker I get done, the quicker I can start on a new kitchen table. I made some strides last weekend, but not done yet, I can foresee me pondering the layout over a couple of adult beverages, I have a feeling my wife will only "see" me drinking beer staring at the wall. Oh well, these things can not be rushed.

Going to see Tool (the band) tonight in NJ and hoping to get lot's of shop time in this weekend. Started building boxes for my kitchen project so hope to make a nice dent in that work. Need to build a shelf-support hole drilling jig so that will eat up part of one of the days.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Hey Karl,
    4 dayer under way.
    Wood trim last night. Swapped out the power panel this morning. ony 2 trips to the Borg .
    Seminar with David Marcs this weekend then all day monday for some shop time.
    Have a safe weekend.
    TJH
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

New Shed

I'm finally getting off my duff and building a storage shed to declutter the garage. I have most of the materials and I cut out the truss parts last night. Hopefully, I'll get the base and joists together before heading to the over-stuffed garage to finish putting together the trusses. Tomorrow will be Son's soccer game, shed floor and walls in the afternoon, then QT with the kids as LOML has a hair appointment. Sunday will be Religous Education for my son, then church for all. Afternoon will hopefully be putting up walls (if not already done), and setting the trusses. If I'm really feeling spry, I might be able to sheet the roof too, but I'm not betting on it. Crap (just remembered)... Saturday is the school fall festival fair thingie, and the wife signed us up to help (via the PTA, or possibly the PiTA in this case), so we'll see if my shed get's as far as I need it to be before possible rain showers on Tuesday. Ugg, a guy just can't get a break around here!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
    Jay Kilpatrick in Saginaw, Tx

Crosscut Sled

Tomorrow I am off to the Mill to get some Oak for the front and back of the sled. Hopefully I can get it done around everything else going on .