Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oneida Portable Dust Collector

Oneida Portable Dust Collector

Have seen the new Oneida Dust collector in several ads now.... has anyone purchased or have experience??

Thx Bill Fleming
    bill@gnimelf.net

Bill,

I just set mine up last night. Simple to set up for sure. Why not have I purchased the very highly regarded Clear-Vue? Just because of the space limitations and needed mobility in my gargae/shop. It will be used for my jointer, planer and band-saw and those are all on mobile bases and can and will end up being moved around depending on what on I doing.
    I can also, on most days, place the Onedia outside the garage when running. It looks solid, well made, but I can see one feature lacking already - a handle to use when moving this PORTABLE cyclone around the shop. Instead, you just pull/push it from around the fan housing.

These are muy very first impressions - more info as it get used.

Bob
    bob m

Careful Bob! The subject of Oneida, Clearvue, and dust collection. Is a touchy subject around here. Like walking through a Minefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Massery
    Careful Bob! The subject of Oneida, Clearvue, and dust collection. Is a touchy subject around here. Like walking through a Minefield.
    Russ,

From Bill Pentz and others, I would surmise the ClearVue the better machine, BUT for my particular case, where no machine will be used in the same spot, the mobility feature was paramount in my decision.

Bob
    bob m

thanks for posting your initial impressions bob........tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Yes. Keep us up to date on how you like it Bob

Um, Bob...where are the pictures??
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Um, Bob...where are the pictures??

And the second question, where's that Pic Policeman Tyler when you need him

Bob, I'd like to hear comment's after you have used it awhile myself. I very different from anything out there. And man Tyler your really slippin' there's at least 3-4 Gloats with no pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Massery
    Bob, I'd like to hear comment's after you have used it awhile myself. I very different from anything out there. And man Tyler your really slippin' there's at least 3-4 Gloats with no pics.

Tyler must be off track due to his new playshop, er, residence

Maybe he should appoint a Deputy.

Is that the one with a double cyclone on a stand? It looks nice, but really pricey for a home shop user, at least in my case. I wonder why they don't offer a portable with a single cyclone unit.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Flowers
    Is that the one with a double cyclone on a stand? It looks nice, but really pricey for a home shop user, at least in my case. I wonder why they don't offer a portable with a single cyclone unit.

Terry
    Terry,

Good question, maybe they will offer such a unit. Here's a question - is it just a coincidance that my garage door opener no longer works since I tried the remote for this unit?

Bob
    bob m

I just ordered a Dust Deputy a few days ago. Should be here Tuesday. I haven't been this psyched about cleaning up ever.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Hi Bob,

Please keep us posted with how this system works. I am in the same situation with zero room for a cyclone unit. The portable looks good, but I would like to have some real world feedback on performance. It is pricey, but the portability factor is key for me in my shop. BTW, you mentioned that it is a push/pull system for moving it around. I thought that there were handles on the side to facilitate this. Also, how was it shipped? Were you able to off-load it by yourself?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Scot