Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Computers/webcams in woodshops?

Computers/webcams in woodshops?

How many of you have computers and/or webcams set up in your shop? What do you do to protect the computer from dust? And if you have a cam, what's your link? I'm interested to see.

Here's mine:

http://www.psibertronics.com/webcam/...am/webcam.html

There's also a link to my deskcam there, if I'm not in the shop I'm usually at my desk. I have plans to add two more cams, one in the kitchen to catch the holiday baking I do, and one outside so I can look at the nice view wherever I am.

OK, Laurie. I'm watching. Wave!!!

Hey Laurie, whats your black lab's name?
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Cute, Laurie! But no webcam in my shop. I have enough trouble hiding my mistakes.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

That's pretty cool, Laurie. I never would have thought of doing that .
    Be Blessed

George

Umm - How come you're not reading SMC right now?
    Only the Blue Roads

My lab is a chocolate and his name is Lucky. I also have a female chocolate named Zoe and if she ever comes into heat, they'll be bred. They're both AKC registered, and they have all three colors (black, yellow, chocolate) in their pedigree, so she should have a variety of puppies.

I can't read SMC in my shop, but I do quite often at my desk!

Hate to say this Laurie, but, clean up your desk ! It looks to much like mine
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

LOL! I clean the rest of the house all day, my desk is where I'm allowed to mess.

Pretty cool to be on camera like that, but I have to ask...isn't there a potential security issue with you disclosing your computer activity? (Sorry...us hospital employees have security stuff drilled into our heads so that's just how I've been "programmed"...)

Lonely

Laurie, your shop looks lonely...

Not sure what you mean as far as disclosing. If you can actually read anything on my blurry screen in that cam pic, I'll be surprised!

I think I'm done in the shop for today. I glued up my doors, which you may be able to make out clamped up on the table. I'm going to let them dry overnight before I do any more work on them, and I need to buy some small brushes, some hinges, knobs, and some wood to make the shelves out of. Tomorrow I'll probably start finishing the doors. I drilled the hinge holes in the stiles yesterday, and found out that my little 1/3hp benchtop drill press isn't really up to the task of boring 35mm holes in oak.

I have an old laptop in my shop. I do nothing at this time to protect it from dust as it is an old laptop. I primarily use it for reference to existing material and to search on the web. It is too slow to do any graphics like Sketchup or anything.

I can say, I haven't thought about doing the webcam thing.

15. Hi Laurie!

I'm waving at you from Japan!

I thought about it, but I have no LAN in the Dungeon, I have an old laptop that I use as my BIG Ipod.

Cheers!