Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's Marty?

Where's Marty?

I have not seen an update on the birth of a shop thread since the morning of the sixth. I hope all is well with him. I am so used to checking on the progress every morning that I miss it.

Has anyone heard from him lately?

I'm expecting that he is busy spraying about 2 million square feet of cypress siding with a couple coats of pink stain. Or whatever colour Denise decided upon...

Hmm, roughly a 40x60 shop, so that is about 200 feet in circumference, by 10 feet tall, both inside and outside of the boards, plus gables... well maybe not quite 2 million square feet, but it probably seems like a mountain when you're working alone.

but yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing more reports from the wilds of Georgia.
    ...art

3. Well, I hope it is not raining over there, that would put a crimp in his spraying.

I do fear that maybe he just decided to get it done, and not bother telling us.

I mean, he did get the door slammed on his fingers fairly hard............

Example One
    Posts #83 & #87

Example Two
    Post #18

Example Three Post #9

I think that Marty has been fairly vocal about his dislike of the way somethings are done around here, and I would venture that he is just keeping his mouth shut, as he does not want to become a "Guest".

His call I guess, but I sure miss his daily, heck sometimes TWICE daily updates on the Birth thread.

The way Marty works at it, and the added time of NOT updating his thread, we might just very well see the next update in a week or two, and he will be ALL FINISHED

Looking forward to calmer waters......

Seems he mentioned the other day about probably not updating every day while he is spraying stain...no progress to show. My guess is that he'll post when he has something to take pictures of that shows some work accomplished. Hopefully he will be able to stain enough each day to have some to put up the following day, and be able to stain some more for the following day. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I miss MARTY.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blankshain
    I miss MARTY.
    Well, I miss his "Birth of a Shop" updates more

I miss the super censor....

Randy...soon to be listed as guest I reckon...

That portion of this post that was not reponsive to the thread topic was redacted by the moderator. Please start a new thread if you want to change the subject.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 10-12-2006 at 7:33 AM.
    Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

Well put Randy. I will go on record as being part of the "expanded" 2 percent".

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Please stay on the thread topic.

No need to start the moderating debate again. If you feel it is absolutely necessary do it in a new thread.
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 10-12-2006 at 7:35 AM.

Where's Marty? I dunno--I'm still looking for Waldo!

OK Marty, get back here! We're waiting.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pruitt
    Where's Marty? I dunno--I'm still looking for Waldo!
    Sorry about my original answer to this post. I think the Jack Daniels got to me. So I am editing this post to read: Rolling on the floor laughing my butt off

Thanks to George Franklis for bringing to my attention that I violated the TOS by using an acroynom coyuld be considered as vulgur language. For that I apoligize.

Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 10-12-2006 at 6:48 PM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Please stay on the thread topic.

No need to start the moderating debate again. If you feel it is absolutely necessary do it in a new thread.
    So is this approval to start discussion of the moderation again?

Support Forum, or Off-Topic?

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wenzloff
    So is this approval to start discussion of the moderation again?

Support Forum, or Off-Topic?

Take care, Mike
    All discussions are welcomed if conducted in a civil manner without the personal attacks. Keep if constructive and within the bounds of the TOS and, as always, it's not a problem. This topic would be better suited if it was in the support forum.

14. Thank you, Ken.

Take care, Mike

In an earlier response I used an acronym which could be construde as having vulgar content. This is actually a violation of the TOS and for that I apologize. We all make a mistake every now and then. Its just the response to the post I was referrring to tickled my funny bone. Maybe it was just the Jack Daniels fogging my brain .
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.