Thread: Anyone looked into the TV lifts

Anyone looked into the TV lifts

I want to build a small cabinet at the foot of the bed for a tv. I want a lift but the ones I have seen are out of my price range. Just wonder if anyone else has looked into them. I did see one site where you can buy all the parts and do it yourself.

Chris,
    I too found the expensive lifts when I looked a while ago, but nothing I would consider inexpensive. Then again, when you are spending big bucks on a TV and custom cabinet . . . . I wish I could help.

Wes

Chris,
    I built a TV lift for my friend about a year ago. I purchased the parts from various sources. It cost approx. $500.00 for the full project, of course I do own a small MIG welder.
    So if you already own a welder it should not be very difficult to built one, let me know if you need more information.
    Pic attached.

Bijesh
    Attached Images Attached Images

I haven't built anything with a lift, in part because another woodworker I know spent the big bucks, then complained that the tolerances in the commercial lift were so bad that he had to leave a big gap so the lift wouldn't jam.

I bet that wasn't what you wanted to hear. Sorry.

I'm building a TV console with a plasma TV lift right now. It's amazing the variations in the design and prices of the units that are out there. What kind of questions do you have about the lifts?

Not very encouraging. I also don't own a welder.

James, what lift are you going with.

Bijesh, I did see a website that directed you to different links where you could purchase the parts for under $500. How did yours work out. I could probably borrow a welder. I just don't want to spend a fortune to lift a 32" LCD, plus I need to buy the tv.

Thanks for the responses.

Some are building there own...

If you are interested, there is all sorts of talk about this at www.avsforum.com everything from reviews of units that can be bought to do-it-yourself approaches.

This might be slightly off topic, as I doubt this would be applicable to your bedroom, but here is an example of someone who built a plasma lift that is in his fireplace!
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=davivers

I went with an equivalent lift as the one sold by Rockler, but my project uses a 50" TV lift.

The cheapest one I've seen is in the CSH catalog ($439.99), but I don't know much about it.

James, I did a search for CSH and didn't find anything. Do you have a website for them. Thanks

CSH (Custom Service Hardware) is www.cshardware.com and the lift is item #40.480