Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OneWay MultiGauge

OneWay MultiGauge

Anyone have one or used one ?? Seems a handy tool to have .. Seen mailorder for around $80 ..

I've been using one for a couple of years and wouldn't know what to do without it now.
    I have a review of it at the link below that shows some of the things I use it for. Great tool.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/multigagervu.html
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"

Yeah I had just read you review before I posted the question , someone had told me about it the other day when I was asking about the jointer in my other post , so I searched and found your review ..
    Thanks

It's an excellent tool that I rely on. I rarely use a dial indicator/magnetic base since getting the Oneway gauge.

Have it. Use it. Love it. Great tool.
    Don

I just bought one. It is very solidly built. It comes in handy to set the fence on my jointer at 90 degrees as well as setting the outfeed side of the machine. I'll really need it when I replace the blades on the jointer as well as on my planer.

You can, however, make you own with a piece of scrap. Every bit as accurate, too. I've made a few different holders for my indicators, here are a couple:

If you're short on fund (who's not?), you can pretty much do the same things (some more, some less) with this $20 set.

For those who already have the base and the indicator, Little Machine Shop does sell the point set separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien
    You can, however, make you own with a piece of scrap. Every bit as accurate, too. I've made a few different holders for my indicators, here are a couple:
    I don't think I would trust the wood to be an accurate tool to set the 90 deg. angle on my jointer for very long though.

the problem with the home made ones shown here is that they will not work very well for setting the hight of planer infeed and outfeed rollers, which the oneway does very well. this is not to say it is very hard to make one that will do that, but it is just another jig to make

lou

Quote Originally Posted by lou sansone
    the problem with the home made ones shown here is that they will not work very well for setting the hight of planer infeed and outfeed rollers, which the oneway does very well. this is not to say it is very hard to make one that will do that, but it is just another jig to make

lou
    I don't have that problem, as I use a combo machine. However, you could easily make a OneWay yourself w/ a pice of plywood and a bandsaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Levine
    I don't think I would trust the wood to be an accurate tool to set the 90 deg. angle on my jointer for very long though.
    Am I missing something? How does the OneWay help you set a 90-degree angle? For that I use the Wixley thing:

http://www.wixey.com/anglegauge/index.html

Am I missing something? How does the OneWay help you set a 90-degree angle? For that I use the Wixley thing:

The body of the gauge is square

This is the one that I use on my saw. The dial indicator cost about $9 at MSCdirect.

This is my one for setting my router to cut dovetails.

CPeter

Please excuse the poor quality image. My tools are still stored in my garage until my shop is finished. I have to remove them from the garage and work on some plywood sheets during construction. I live in the country and most of my land is dirt. Anyway this is the way you use the guage to set a 90 degree angle on the jointer.

I do like the Wixley guage though. I may look into one.