Thread: david marks coming to austin woodcraft

david marks coming to austin woodcraft

just got the woodcraft email and david will be teaching a bent laminations class at the austin location, on saturday, nov. 17. class cost is $200. i wish he was teaching something i would be more interested in- i really enjoy his woodworks show, but i do mostly small boxes, bookcases, etc.

rb

Rocky

I took that course in Orlando last year. It was fun, although I haven't built anything yet with the techniques I learned, but at least I learned them!

If you can swing the cost it will probably be a worthwhile day. I learned a lot about bandsaw tuning, some pattern routing techniques (and how much dust 12 guys making MDF forms can kick up, even with dust collectors and filters running.

David is as nice in person as he appears on TV and I'm sure you would enjoy yourself

Jay

Rocky,

Instead of seeing the class as how it is not applicable to small boxes and bookcases go in thinking of how you could incorporate the two. Can't you see creating a box that is held aloft by 4 bent laminations as the corners?

I am seeing him at the Dallas Woodcraft and taking his veneer and inlay seminars. I have already seen his patina seminar which although I have not used, I can see many places to use it and make good use of less expensive wood.

Just some thoughts to keep you thinking.
    Jeff
    There are three types of people in this world: those who want things to happen, those who make things happen and those who just wonder what the heck happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Fritzson
    Rocky,

Instead of seeing the class as how it is not applicable to small boxes and bookcases go in thinking of how you could incorporate the two. Can't you see creating a box that is held aloft by 4 bent laminations as the corners?

I am seeing him at the Dallas Woodcraft and taking his veneer and inlay seminars. I have already seen his patina seminar which although I have not used, I can see many places to use it and make good use of less expensive wood.

Just some thoughts to keep you thinking.
    Jeff
    Just got back from the veneer course and handcut dovetail course. Both good times for sure and very informative.