Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The SMC Holiday Turning Contest - We have Winners!

Here here. Nice idea Curt.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

If John Hart's for it....Curt Fuller's for it.....I'm for it! A great idea but I think we need some input from the contestants.....I hope to get something turned in time.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I think that that might be a nice idea!!! If everyone else agrees, I am all for changing the charity! I speak as one of the contestants!!!
    Isaiah 55:6-7

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley
    All great ideas so far, keep them coming. Also, someone has to be the first to post their entry, who will it be ? Or better yet, what will it be ?
    will these do?This is my first bowls I ever made. I'm at my shop right now, we had a break in tonight. They just dammaged the gates, nothing missing So I'll put up some pics.

Blog Entries
    It did'nt work the first time, Here are the pics of my first bowls. I'll have to take more of the segmented bowl because I shrunk the pic for my avatar. It says I've already attached the file in another thread so I'll take some new pics tomorrow.
    My shop was broken into tonight. It's 1:30am and I'm waiting for the police to get done. I Got lucky this time, nothing missing just some dammage to the gates.....They got lucky this time....I did'nt catch them. Anyway, the police are done so I'm going home. Good luck everyone P.S. the box is not for submission.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Wyko; 01-04-2007 at 3:41 AM. Reason: adding mor pics

Great Idea Curt! I'm all for it, but maybe we should start a whole new contest. Hopefully since it's after the holidays we can get more of a response. It seems the last one did not meet expectations due to the timing. Plus it's almost over. I'm sure if we started a new contest the response would be much larger. Just a suggestion. Sorry to hear about the break in Bill! I hate to hear stuff like that.
    Last edited by Kurt Rosenzweig; 01-04-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Fuller
    I realize that a vote was already taken to see which charitable organization would receive the proceeds from this auction. However, I wondered if anyone else would want to consider making the contribution to the American Diabetes Association. With Mr. Andy Hoyt being one of the ramrods behind this auction and with him also being recently diagnosed with diabetes it would seem appropriate, at least to me. In all of the responses to the thread asking for thoughts and prayers for Andy I was also struck by how many other fine SMC folks have diabetes. If not this time, maybe we could consider it on the next contest/auction.
    Fine by me...... all the charities voted on are good ones..... the American Diabetes Assoc is a good one..... when can I bid on Keith's bowl??????
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

Blog Entries
    I'm kind of confused. In this contest are our peices being auctioned or are there two seprate contests? I'll be happy to turn something to be auctioned in the near future but if I had to let go of any of these 3 peices my wife would have my rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wyko
    I'm kind of confused. In this contest are our peices being auctioned or are there two seprate contests? I'll be happy to turn something to be auctioned in the near future but if I had to let go of any of these 3 peices my wife would have my rear end.
    Hi Bill, at this time, if it is in this thread it is up for auction. With that in mind you might want to edit your post You can opt out of the contest just not the auction. Thanks
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Blog Entries
    I have an item in the contest and I have no problem with an adjustment to the recipient of the proceeds. Count me in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tom

Turning comes easy to some folks .... wish I was one of them

and only 958 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf

Hey guys, I have no problem with changing the charity but suggest starting a new thread to draw attention and request everyone else's input on the matter.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Blog Entries
    I'm going to the CES show this week but when I return I'll make something to contribute that I can part with. As long as my wife does'nt see it. As far as charity's go, any good cause is a good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf
    Hey guys, I have no problem with changing the charity but suggest starting a new thread to draw attention and request everyone else's input on the matter.
    Prolly not a bad idea.
    It's funny...I've started 4 pieces for this lil' contest...and destroyed them all. Having a terrible string of bad luck with vases these days. Gonna start another one tonight though.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf
    FWIW, yeah, I'm with Steve and others who are willing to go along with the change, however, a "New and Exciting" contest specific for the Diabetes Foundation would probably work better. Just my 00.02.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I agree totally John! I think it would get a huge response so let me know if there is anyway I can help making it happen.