Thread: Multi Gloat

Talking Multi Gloat

After procrastinating for a couple months, I finally bit the bullet and bought a Oneida 2hp Super Dust Gorilla. It just arrived a couple minutes ago. I'll have some extra work to do this weekend.

I've also included a pic of my new Grizzly 17" bandsaw, the GO513. I purchased it at the tent sale in september at half off. I can't find a darn thing wrong with it other than the sheet said small scratch. Runs great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Christopher Stahl; 10-26-2006 at 10:59 PM.
    chris

Great haul!! I just ordered my first Grizzly tool, an edge sander. I also have a Onieda Dust Gorilla that I am just about finished isnatlling waiting on the last order of hoses but fired it up last week and I am really happy with it so far.

Hey, looks like you're ready for bear now! Errrr....is that gorilla? Aw heck, some type of jungle animal! Nice scores, Chris! Let us know how well you like both of them once you've used them a bit!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Congratulations, Chris!! Nice additions to your shop. Do get some help when you are mounting that Gorilla...it's not a lightweight job!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

You must be the 100 yard dash record holder in the state of PA to get that saw for 50% off. I guess that I will have to get in better shape judging from the good deals that I miss out on.

Allen

I am happy for you Chris, looks like a great weekend ahead in your shop. Have fun, be safe.
    Aspire to inspire before you expire.

SMC is user supported. Please consider donating. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

real nice ... those boxes look familar

best wishes
    lou

Thanks everyone! Once I received the email from Oneida stating their prices are going up next week, I had to order it immediately. I think he said they are going up somewhere between 10%-15%.

Luckily, I have a couple friends that are just as excited about getting the cyclone up and running. So I should have plenty of help and a cleaner shop to boot.

Allen, this year i was there at the right time to find some good deals on the equipment. My friend also took home a G0490 jointer, so we struck gold. His only had a cracked stop button. This is the first time I was able to find anything, so I'm feeling very lucky.

I also brought home a Makita 18V Lithium Ion Impact Drill. It was 20% off and they gave me a handful of gadgets for it, luck a chuck for bits, etc...
    chris

Jim,
    For your 22-44, did you keep the 4" dust port or did you put a new piece of tin on with a larger diameter?

John,
    I'll make sure to give a full report of them when the cyclone is up and running. I couldn't be happier with the bandsaw, it right on from the start.
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kinneberg
    Great haul!! I just ordered my first Grizzly tool, an edge sander. I also have a Onieda Dust Gorilla that I am just about finished isnatlling waiting on the last order of hoses but fired it up last week and I am really happy with it so far.
    Paul!
    What model edge sander did you buy? Let us know how you like it. Had my eye on one for years.

Hi Chris, Great choices on the bandsaw and DC. Fantastic deal on the bandsaw. I wish I could find things 50% off for a scratch.
    take care,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Stahl
    For your 22-44, did you keep the 4" dust port or did you put a new piece of tin on with a larger diameter?
    I kept the 4" port and it works well. The ceiling drop that I most often use with the sander is directly off the 7" main and only about 6 feet from the cyclone inlet...velocity is high and I'm getting good results, IMHO. No lingering dust on the machine or workpiece. It would be hard to put a larger port on the machine, too...the drum cover is only a bit wider than 4" to begin with, so it would take some fabrication to build a new cover with a "boot" type (rectangular) dust port. I don't use the machine enough to justify that effort.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...