Thread: building a dustcollector

building a dustcollector

Has anyone made their d c and will be able to give me some advice or drawing? I,m going to give it a try, I think.

Thanks
    Turning makes the world go 'round!

Bill Pentz has published plans for a cyclone you can build, plus lots of info about it. http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/Index.cfm

Go on ClearVue's gallery page. There's a guy there with lots of pics of a homemade one per Bill Pentz' plans. I forget his name, but think there's something in the album description about him being from Australia.
    Use the fence Luke

I have built several (50+) of the Wood Magazine Cyclone from their plans. Our ww group did an all day workshop once and built ten. On several occassions I have taught a class on building cyclone from Wood's plans. The only complaint and you will find that Bill pentz's site verifies it, is that not all of the fines are settled out in cyclone. Mine is mounted with the trash can resting on a plentium into which there are seven of the 6"X65" socks from Onidea. American Filter Fabrics also makes these socks. When unit cuts off, socks basically deflate and fines drop into bottom of plentium. I do need to add neutral vane to improve unit. If you go to Wood online site, there is an entire section on their cyclone. Total cost of materials was under $100. Once had a guy from Texas come by shop and pick up parts and shipped them back to Texas. UPS was more than parts.

I'm thinking of building a litte different, in the fact that my shop is in the woods and a rural area so I can blow the fine outside. All I want is a way to blow some if not all out of the shop.

Thanks Donnie
    Turning makes the world go 'round!

Donnie,

You probably need something like this.

http://www.general.ca/pagemach/machi...al/no1m2a.html

Bob