Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....PIC

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....PIC

Good Morning Everyone,

Twas a good weekend and I'm really liking the new work schedule. There's just something about 45 hour work weeks as compared to 90+ hour work weeks.

Played bass at church on Sunday and delivered a load of firewood to a fellow church member as a gift to those in need.

The cabinets for the 2nd Chance Youth Ranch were delivered and all those 72" long by 42" high by 23" deep cabinets are gone out of my shop and I have ALL KINDS of ROOM in my shop now.

1st pic is the vehicle and trailer with 3 of the cabinets ready to be unloaded.
    2nd pic is the General Store which is where the cabinets will be installed and finished.
    3rd pic is proof that the youth ranch is actually built to look and feel like an old western town.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I finished up my new welding table/assembly table (posted in another thread) and removed duct work and electrical that was in the center of my shop floor to get it out of the way and to get ready for running some new ducts next week with the help of another creeker. Sunday my dad came over to play, which is the first time he's felt well enough to come over to my house in a few months so it was a good day. He also talked me into picking up a metal cutting bandsaw (4x6) along the way so we made a Harbor Freight run before dinner.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quiet weekend.
    A little family get together on Fri. Movie food and fun
    Played in the yard. All the close up, clean up, seal up stuff.
    A little shop time this weekend. packing away toyls for the slow migration north
    Went shopping for "country living stuff". ATV, tractor, guns, chain saw . No gloatables yet but getting some good ideas.
    Played a little music with friends.
    Have a safe week.
    PS. The weapon of mass Abysseration was moved to the shop for a little more investigation.
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 10-30-2006 at 9:10 AM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Friday night, Alesya had a Halloween party at a friends, so Dr. SWMBO, Nastia and I had a quick bite at Mickey D's, ice cream at Friendly's and then toured a Halloween store. (Nastia's comment..."Why do people in America like to scare kids?" Good question...

Saturday was the normal running around for dance class, karate class, produce shopping, etc., followed by a few hours at the Oc-Tarr-Beer-Fest at Robert Tarr's house, err...shop...and a showing of Dr. Doolittle in the Becker Home Theater.

Sunday was a lazy day. Yea, we got an extra hour, but we spent it being awake due to restless sleep by "the older". Since my "batteries" were running low, I didn't get a whole lot done, but spent a little time faddling with plans for the cabinetry for the master suite in the future addition and some clean-up of stuff around the deck. We then had an early family dinner out at Longhorn to avoid the crowds. Oh...and the girls' first pumpkin carving...

carving-1.jpg

carving-2.jpg

carving-3.jpg

carving-4.jpg

carving-5.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Finished the little entry table this weekend, got it installed and loaded. The material is QSRO and the finish is General Finishes "Spiced Walnut" oil based stain, with Deft Satin lacquer top coat.
    Do the best you can, with what you are given.

Progress on bed

Made a lot of progress on the bed I am making for my son. Thanks to Steve Wargo for providing the veneer (in exchange for future wood) and use of his vacuum press to create the panels. Gonna have to get me a vacuum press one of these days. Pictures are of the panels before and after linseed oil and partially assembled headboard and footboard without glue or finish. Frame is walnut with avodire panels on 3/8" baltic birch ply. Pictures do not do justice to the gorgeous grain in the avodire. Hope to have the bed done by Thanksgiving to deliver to my son.

Center-panel-w-o-linseed-oi.jpg Center-panel-w-Linseed-oil.jpg Foot-board-partial.jpg Head-board-partial.jpg

Spin time. Two bowls off the "new" Rikon, have yet to apply finish and buff. Sore muscles last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    The weapon of mass Abysseration was moved to the shop for a little more investigation.
    Alright, Pic Police! Gotta see it to believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Nastia's comment..."Why do people in America like to scare kids?" Good question...
    As long as she keeps thinking like that and asking that kind of questions, she's got a great future...

I heped a good friend move, but did manage to work in a trip to Mike Mastin's Curly Woods after a stop at Steve Jenkin's place [thanks for the light cover Steve]!

Picked up some new cutting board wood [Pecan, Yellowheart, Cherry, Bloodwood, Walnut & Cedar Elm]. We have a show on Sunday the 12th in Dallas at the Chile Pepperama...gonna show off our cutting boards and Jana's windows...hopefully we will sell a few.

Endured the wind and took the kids the the hollween parade.

Went to the local library book sale and found "The new yankee workshop classics"
    (softcover) and "How to build Shaker Funriture" by Thomas Moser each for 75 cents. ( we have a great book sale twice a year ).

Also inspected the attic and house for wind and rain damage.

I spent yesterday afternoon helping my son to setup his new "home" - a 25' trailer. It's actually pretty nice for a single guy. It has all the comforts of home plus it's just a 1 minute walk from a nice beach!

He plans to give it a try for a while as he is tired of living in apartment. I much prefer this setup myself! With the living-room 'slide-out' it seems to be quite comfortable. Plus, it has all the appliances necessary and he has his own sewer, electrical, cable and phone hookups.

trailer_1_1280.jpg
    Rick in Cowichan Bay, B.C. Canada - 30 miles north of Victoria, B.C.

I overdid things on Sat working on reassembling duct work, and dragging the cut limbs out of the back yard, except for the moster that took me out last Sat. It stays until I feel like firing up the chainsaw again, that is if it isn't damaged. By Sat evening, I was hurting big time. Sharp pains when I took a deep breath, and it hadn['t been doing that at all. Thinking for a while that maybe I did break a rib. Felt better Sunday am, so scaled back on what I planned to do that day. Watched a lot of football, and did a little in the shop sealing some duct work joints. Need to attach my rolling sled to the pipe assembly that goes to the TS, then reattach at the blast gate/quick disconnect to put it back in place. Get the flex hose on, and the TS will be hooked up. I have most of the parts sealed for the pipe going to the BS, it's in pieces drying before I put it in it's final place and hook up.
    Feel much better this am, though still feels a little "tight" on deep breaths. At least there is no pain again, so back to where I was Sat am. Have a great week!

ps: Jim B. The kids did real good with the pumpkin carving!!! I'll have to share some pictures one of our doggie adoptor/foster homes does each year. He actually takes photos of their dogs and carves them!
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Went wood cutting on Saturday and Sunday. Before wood cutting on Saturday, I finished a pen for the Freedom Pen Project. It is made from Zelkowa(I believe it is from Russia), I bought them a long time ago from Hut. Anyway here is the woodcutter and his wood.

Rod<---in Appleton, WA

Friday night we had a Holloween party at work so to my son, Saturday was filled with his activties: basketball, flag football and then a really awesome trip to the Steamboat Arabia museum. Man, if you are ever in Kansas City you have to take that tour. Basically the steamboat sunk int he Missouri river over 150 years ago and was perserved in mud. They excavated it in the 80's. They have so much stuff on display it was awesome, the tools were a sight to see. Tons of planes, saws, drawknives, etc. Really kewl.

Worked a little Saturday night on installing slate tile in the master bath.

Sunday it was church, quick trip to the dump to unload stuff from the bathroom remodel, any Flag Football game. I spent the rest of the day doing yard work, then catching a little football and the NASCAR races and finally, more tile installation.

I am bushed and it's time to get back to work.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Saturday I completed my first bottle stoppers. Fun projects....quick and instant gratification. Saturday evening.....dinner and drinks with friends.

Sunday I had another one of my vertigo attacks. Don't get much done when your entire world is doing the hula........Had one Friday afternoon.............
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Went shopping for "country living stuff". ATV, tractor, guns, chain saw . No gloatables yet but getting some good ideas.
    I can save you some time on the second. Go Green.