Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....PIC

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser
    I can save you some time on the second. Go Green.
    Or orange...or blue...or red... whatever has the best local dealer setup, frankly. The machines are all good...it's service that is the differentiator.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Or orange...or blue...or red... whatever has the best local dealer setup, frankly. The machines are all good...it's service that is the differentiator.
    Red, Blue . Not on the lot?? Help me out here
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Fired up the leaf blower yesterday and moved lots of leaves from Point A to Point B so the wind can move them back to Point A eventually.

Got the last 6-7 pics worth of stuff from CV's gallery album done on my DC install
    http://gallery.clearvuecyclones.com/...-CV1400?page=3

Plus I ordered up some new stuff from Uncle Festool (Bob M.)
    Use the fence Luke

Take it easy till ya heal Jim, usually heals faster if your not continuing to abuse an injury.

Raked and blew leaves Sat till I couldn't move anymore, got about 90% of it done and said enuff.
    Rested, then cleaned the garage a bit, there is actually improvements you can see now, so its coming along better now.

Sunday I worked for 6 hours and then came home and had a drink (pepsi with a touch of vanilla) while the wife finished the leaves and did whatever it is people do to flowers for the winter.
    Did a bit more cleaning while I used the fire pit to lower my scrap lumber and tree limbs count and we sat and watched it burn and eat pizza.

All in all a pretty good weekend, hope ya all have a good one too.

Say Tyler, you gonna need a splitter for up north?
    I have one of them monster mauls you can have....

Al

Saturday was "Mr Handyman" day. Started off being a good Samaritan and replaced a bathroom faucet for a single-mom neighbour.

But the bulk of the day was spent ripping down part of a ceiling to move some wiring.

Sunday morning was my last sunday school class (3 yr olds!) for two months, and I look forward to the break! But my beloved was sleeping most of the day thanks to a flare up from her cold. (could drywall dust have exacerbated that? ) So I was keeping the kids away from her, farmed one off to a friend, and brought her juice when needed.

And today is the 3rd birthday of my youngest, so we'll probably take the kids bowling for a treat.

Hmm, maybe some woodworking next weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Red, Blue . Not on the lot?? Help me out here
    Red would be Troy-Bilt, not sure about blue....

Red is Case and Blue is New Holland. Both are actually the same tractors since New Holland and Case are both same company. And Jim is right that the dealer is the important part. I'd probably have an orange one if the dealer hadn't told me that it was dumb that I thought the green's seat was more comforatable than the orange's seat and that I wanted to upgrade to the newer model's seat as part of the deal.

Blue could be Ford/New Holland... Yellow (Yellow) would be CubCadet!

Picked up a grinder and stand for $35 on craigslist, cleaned more junk out of the garage and scored two 6' x 8' and three 4' x 8' double paned window units, from a remodel. Hauled them back and "parked" them next to garage. They were free, on freecycle, and will be used in my greenhouse I'll be building.

Last edited by Greg Koch; 10-30-2006 at 1:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits
    Take it easy till ya heal Jim, usually heals faster if your not continuing to abuse an injury. snip Al
    Thanks, Doc. Yeah, I know that. Didn't think what I was doing was going to be that streneous. Course, I thought I was well away from the limb that hit me the first time! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Least ya didn't do what we did, one of our first attempts at cutting wood we took the front awning off the house, wife was looking out the front door window when it happened....first time I ever seen the wife speechless....least for awhile...

Watch them limbs..

Al

In the shop, all I did was glue up wood strips for a cutting board and install an obviously defective saw bladed in my table saw. I made a test cut and got a very ragged edge (better on the left side of the blade than on the fence side). That will go back to the seller.

I did go with my wife and daughter to a party/doggy costume contest for the folks at their agility training facility. I am a veteran dog lover, but I think many of these folks need to get a life . . .

Tyler, there are several reds, a couple oranges, etc. Check out TractorByNet.com forums. I tend to like what I consider the "big three" when it comes to sub-compact and compact tractors... Kubota, Deere and New Holand. If you have any kind of property, a loader is worth it's weight in "whatever". Having a 3pt hitch insures you can acquire or rent all kinds of attachments when the need arrises. And these machines with diesel engines run for practically "forever" with decent maintenance and care. They hold their value, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Well, I assembled my fax machine table for the office and discovered a measuring stuff up. What's new? Anyway, will fix it this week and then pix if I don't stuff it up again.
    Last edited by Bob Childress; 10-30-2006 at 3:55 PM.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Got most of the rail/stile stock for the cabinet doors crosscut to size. Realized I'd made a minor goof, but it'll be easy to correct.

Went to the orange box to pick up a storm door for our upstairs porch. The old one was taken down when we had the siding and trim redone last year, and it no longer fits with the new trim. HD didn't have any that fit the opening.

Blog Entries
    Got some leaf blowing in on Friday night after work and then spent some time in the shop beginning a small project for the son and his fiance. They want me to build a pirates treasure chest for their wedding reception for the guests to place the gift cards into. Saturday was a full day. I spent a few hours in the shop again back at the pirates chest and made some great progress as the box portion is built and the top framework was completed and by Sunday afternoon, the top slats were in place and glued and nailed down. The slat at the very top of the lid will have a slot cut into it for card insertion. Then after the wedding, I will take the chest back and replace that slat with a full one without a slot and they will have it as a keepsake from their wedding. Imagine that, a slotless slat - I just thought of that Sunday afternoon was taken up by the guys coming over for the almost weekly NASCAR gathering at the "Voorhees Pub".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!