First post - been reading for several months.

I want to get a bandsaw - and I don't want to spend a fortune. I want to do some resawing, mostly for cabinet work, maybe some furniture in the future, but I won't be buying logs and running a production operation. Reading several posts here everyone suggests spending around $2000 for a Laguna or a Mini-Max. I have some nice tools now - I'm not against spending money for a nicer tool - but not sure I personally will get the bang for the buck on the $2000 bandsaw.

I will probably end up with a 14" and then beef it up as everyone suggests - Carter Guides etc.. But then I may have spent as much as a newer low end 16" - I'm assuming on the 16" I don't need the riser, Carter Guides, etc..

A couple of interesting posts showed up on Craigslist here - one is for a 16" Enlon Bandsaw for $425- I did Google searches and other than listings for 14" blades , I can't find anything about Enlon Bandsaws - Anyone??

Here is the link:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/226932144.html

Someone just posted a "used Once" Grizzly G055, with blades and a mobile base for $325 - http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/227934815.html

Grizzly has it on sale for $395, but add on the mobile base and shipping and it is about $545 so used saves me $220, enough for a anotehr tool.

I don't want buyers remorse - but I'm almost positive if I get a lower end 14 or 16 inch, new or used, I'll never be at the point where I wished I spent the $2000 on the Laguna - and if I do then I'll get it - they are local.

So if you wanted to stay under $1000 what would you do? My Tablesaw, Jointer and 15" Planer are all Delta X5 - so I may just stay with the Delta - but it seems so expensive compared to the other 14" saws and doesn't seem to deliver much more.

Of course the Woodworking Show is in town this weekend so that may help if there are some good deals there.

Thanks for all the previous help and looking forward to everyone's two cents on this issue.

I look to start being a frequent contributor, hope I can help someone else - I've learned a few tricks since I started woodworking back in 1976.