Thread: The Order of Canada, Leonard Lee

The Order of Canada, Leonard Lee

Hi,

Today Friday October 24, Leonard Lee will be awarded the Order of Canada. The Order of Canada is our country’s highest honour of lifetime achievement.

Established in 1967, this award recognizes people who have made a difference to our country. Appointments are made on the recommendation of an advisory council, chaired by the Chief Justice of Canada. Mr. Lee is receiving this award today, being appointed a Member of the Order.

As many of you know, for 25 years Lee Valley has taken the family based business from a wood stove heated shop to the great company that they are today. They show pride in how they do their work and it is evident at any opportunity I have had

This award is for Mr. Lee, but today I can not help but think that every employee of Lee Valley feels that they are a part of that award as well. I offer my warmest congratulations to the Lee family and the Lee Valley Family today, enjoy this moment.

This moment does not come with out hard work on many fronts, the efforts made to create a business have also been rewarded in great customer service and loyalty, to say that you have changed people’s lives is not an understatement.

As a woodworker I can tell you that having a Canadian company that provides materials and service like Lee Valley available to me is wonderful. As a Canadian I can tell you that I am so proud to call Lee Valley a part of what makes being Canadian so great.

Take care,
    Jim

See details about this award at http://www.gg.ca/honours/order_e.asp

Congratulations

Jim, you are justifiably proud of Mr. Lee, as are we, the woodworkers of the "lower 48". I join you in congratulating Mr. Lee and all of the employees of Lee Valley.

I can honestly say that when I look for woodworking tools and supplies, I open my Lee Valley catalog first. Why? Impeccable and unmatched customer service, quality, selection, and competitive pricing.

No other company, in any country, has better customer service than Lee Valley. Some may come close, but no one that I have found is better.

Rob Lee, we are counting on you to continue in your father's footsteps, and from what I have seen of your hand plane innovations, you will do just fine.

That reminds me, I need to get another order put together before the Canadian dollar gets any stronger!
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

When I go to Ottawa from tim to time one of my stops is the Lee Valley store. They always provide great service, very friendly and personal.

I double posted somehow

Jim,
    It's always nice to hear that someone who has worked so hard and taught so many gets rewarded with his countries highest honour.

I know his very proud son reads this forum every once in a while...so Rob...please pass a hardy cheers to your dad. A well deserved honour.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Mike King, Sherwood Pk., AB Guest

Indeed..

Mr. Lee's a National treasure.. The kind of man whose passion shines through his work, achievements and life..

I'm glad we got our Jimmy to keep us (2 hours later) western Canad'ers updated on what's goin' on too