Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gotta get out of NJ - TN bound...?

Gotta get out of NJ - TN bound...?

Looking on the 'net for acreage and maybe a house with a bathroom and kitchen or something (does the shop come with a house?) My youngest has 2 years H.S. left, then I'm outta here. I want to go where I can make a left hand turn. Gotta go before I loose my sense of humor.

Perhaps 5 to 25 acres, 3 bed, 2 bath l'il farmhouse, a 20 x 40 foot outbuilding or space for one. No neighbors, long driveway, view perhaps.

Chattanooga area.

Patience....

Mitch
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus
    Looking on the 'net for acreage and maybe a house with a bathroom and kitchen or something (does the shop come with a house?) My youngest has 2 years H.S. left, then I'm outta here. I want to go where I can make a left hand turn. Gotta go before I loose my sense of humor.

Perhaps 5 to 25 acres, 3 bed, 2 bath l'il farmhouse, a 20 x 40 foot outbuilding or space for one. No neighbors, long driveway, view perhaps.

Chattanooga area.

Patience....

Mitch
    Mitch, your best bet for acreage with a view and no neighbors nearby is in New Mexico. Don't write us off until you've checked us out.

Are you telling us that you don't like 8 million of your closest friends living in your backyard??? (To quote Vaughn).

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Nance,

NM is a little TOO far, I have family in SC, MY, NJ. I really like all of the people that I know and have fun with, it's the other 7,999,940 that I don't want to stumble over on the way to buying groceries that annoy me.

I've been told you need to bring you're job with you when yoou 'go down south' - mine's portable.

Mitch

Mitch,

try www.realtor.com and enter the advanced seach parameters.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus
    Nance,

NM is a little TOO far, I have family in SC, MY, NJ.
    Mitch, that's Five minutes of my life you cost me, poking through google trying to figure out what in the heck is the state of "MY".

I know I'm just an ignorant Canuck, but I really thought I would recognize all the state shortforms... but I was doubting myself.

...art

ps: No neighbours? good luck, there's always neighbours. The thing you want are good neighbours. Wish I had more of them myself.

Mitch, if you are really serious about moving to Tennessee, let me suggest that you avoid Chattanooga like the plague. It's at the intersection of two major interstates, both on the way to Atlanta, and the congestion there is horrendous. (FYI, I'm a Tennessee girl, bred, born, and reared.) If you are serious about wanting views, few neighbors, and acreage, check out Middle Tennessee, east of Nashville, around Cookeville, Crossville, and down in the Tennessee Walking Horse Country. You'll fine acreage and some of the most beautiful country you will ever want to see. It's close enough to Nashville for day trips, yet far enough away to satisfy your need for seclusion/privacy/hermit-itis(?).

Nancy
    Nancy Laird

Oops,... NY.

That's just the kind of feedback I needed. Thanks.

Mitch

Yep, Joe. Been to most all of them. Some good, some bad, some very outdated. Except for a 'scale of magnitude', some of these sites are awful. The problem with most is that there isn't enough traffic in the 'sticks' to support a decent realtor's office.

Mitch

Can't blame ye for wanting to leave NJ. Tennessee is a good choice. Why, it is almost as nice as Arkansas.

Wisconsin Is Where You Want To Be!

It's 26 for a high today, snow flurries in the air, we will have snow until about May. The Packers won again on Sunday, what more could you ask for? We really do like it here, my husband actually is a County Highway Worker (plows all that snow every morning at 3:00 A.M.)!! We ski, snowboard (ok, the kids do that), and the guys in my husband's hunting party love to see a snowfall right before deer season.

Have a great day, Phyllis (Originally from Chicago)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco
    Can't blame ye for wanting to leave NJ. Tennessee is a good choice. Why, it is almost as nice as Arkansas.
    NICER, Frank, NICER!! Tennessee has better roads and higher mountains, but I think the hillbilly count is just about even.
    Nancy Laird

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis Meyer
    It's 26 for a high today, snow flurries in the air, we will have snow until about May. The Packers won again on Sunday, what more could you ask for? We really do like it here, my husband actually is a County Highway Worker (plows all that snow every morning at 3:00 A.M.)!! We ski, snowboard (ok, the kids do that), and the guys in my husband's hunting party love to see a snowfall right before deer season.

Have a great day, Phyllis (Originally from Chicago)
    It was cool here last night. Saw a bunch of turkeys in the yard when I got up. Temp is in 60's now. Typical winter day for ARKANSAS.

How about PA much better then the communist state of NJ. We have a house in Tioga Co. 11 acres boarders state forest on 4 sides nice and quite. Right now it takes 4 hr to drive from Philly. Retire there in 4 years.

Mitchell,

You're a man after my own heart. I was born 'n raised between exits 129 and 88. Couldn't wait to leave. Once the kids were out of school I headed west. Never looked back, no regrets.

Good luck!
    I have been black and blue in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts with my own furniture. - Frank Lloyd Wright

I have been black and blue and bloody in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts while building my own furniture. - Rennie Heuer