Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yorkcraft Mortiser from Wilke-Up and Running

I finally got I.E. to work well enough to see the video link.

I do not know if the Laguna is the same as the Grizzly model but it is identical to the Wilke unit that I bought.
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 03-08-2009 at 8:16 PM.

Wish I did not have my Grizzly bench top unit as this looks to be a fantasic deal at $475

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Gents,
    I did look at the Laguna before deciding on the Steelex from Grizzly. After watching the Laguna video again I can tell you it is identical to the Steelex with only a few minor exceptions, besides the obvious "Laguna" paint job.
    1.) The hand wheels on the Steelex are Solid plastic with no spokes like the Laguna. Not sure if the Laguna handwheels are plastic or steel but since the table moves on dovetail ways little effort is required to move these handwheels.
    2.) The depth stop handles look a little different from mine but it appears to have the same vertical chrome rod.
    Since both of these are minor differences without clear advantages (durability) I’d still say that the Steelex is an absolute bargain compared to the Laguna and others in the category.

Vic,
    Yes the Steelex ST1005 does have the same adjustable racketing lever and gas shock for the head/chisel. Works great.