Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vote today!

Voted just after I got out of the dentist's chair.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Voted at 9 AM this morning - Polls were pretty crowed.

I will have to wait until tomorrow to decide if I want to complain or not.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    I'm gonna do two things today:

vote - and plug the phone back in.
    Good one. Last night I had the pleasure of hanging up on one of our U.S. senators.

Might close a little early to get to the polls before the bulk of the other commuters.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Vote!

I would have never known there was an election if not for this forum Haven't seen any advertisements on T.V. Wes, I am from Chicago, I understood your comments, my parents were Precinct Captains at the polling places, back in the day when many people voted (even when they were no longer with us)! The stories they would tell!

Have a great day everyone, please vote!

Sincerely,

Phyllis

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    I'm gonna do two things today:

vote - and plug the phone back in.
    I hear that. I've hung up on an awful lot of political calls lately. The first person put forth by the No-More-Polical-Phone-Calls Party gets my vote next time.
    Use the fence Luke

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I voted at 9 this morning - polls were pretty empty, I hope it picks up!

VOTE!!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pelonio
    Good one. Last night I had the pleasure of hanging up on one of our U.S. senators.
    (yawn) Borrrrring!

Yesterday I got to hang up on Robert Redford and Clint Eastwood:
    separate calls, possibly opposite sides of the same (unknown) issue.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I voted -- just so I COULD complain !!

Had to hold my nose real tight, Wish there had been some "None of the above" options.........
    Tony

I voted twice. Really. But I made them throw out the absentee ballot before I (and my younger daughter, Alesya) went into the booth to play with the new machine. Our county finally retired the big old green metal "lever" machines that were purchased in 1956...

Alesya also got to vote in the "kid's vote" room...something that is becoming more and more popular all over to get kids used to the idea of voting. I fully approve. For those of you who don't know, our daughters are adopted from Russia and this was the first time they have actually seen anything like voting.

Back to my original comment about voting twice, I generally file an absentee ballot because of my frequent business travel...it insures that if I have to be out of town, my vote will be counted. (I actually was away today, but was able to return home early) Funny thing is, when I showed up today at the township office, they looked at me like I had two heads. "I" had to explain to them that the instructions for absentee ballots specifically say that you must appear at the polling place if you in fact are not away on the day, invalidate your absentee ballot and vote normally. (Yea...I read the instructions ) They just couldn't imagine why I'd want to show up to vote when I already sent in the paper. Well...1) because it was the correct procedure and 2) so I could show my daughter how it works.

Oh, Tony, there was a piece on NPR Morning Edition today about a "perennial" candidate who legally changed his middle name to "Noneoftheabove"...and says he'll continue to run until they add that provision to the ballots...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I voted........first time since becoming a citizen........

Interesting.............

Jim, just make sure that if you kick the bucket between the time you file your absentee ballot and election day, that you invalidate your absentee ballot. Wouldn't want anybody to think you were from Chicago now, would you?
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Jackie and I voted late yesterday, the Polls were busy here.
    The system works if we participate, I have never missed an election day.

I'd like to point out that it's a credit to the members of this forum that we can have such a long thread on the subject of voting without being at all political and controversial.

Last night after we got home from voting, we had two more calls from actual humans reminding us to vote, and one guy that came to the door.
    Never had this much of a push to vote before. Also found the polling place a lot more crowded and took 3 times as long as usual. We still have the "fill in the oval with a pen" ballots.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Falotico
    I voted -- just so I COULD complain !.......
    Ya know --- the more I think about this, the more I believe that voting is complaining.
    Only the Blue Roads

Voting is a duty and an honor..........Complaining.....that's what I'm dong about all the Robo calls we got............even last night until 1 hour before the polls closed. I'm sure some slick salesman convinced them that Robo calls have a big effect on the voters..........Well he was right in one sense....it burns me up!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....