Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will a gorilla fit in my mini van?

She left the company in March or April...

She was my Sales rep originally... couldn't get any reason why she was gone, just that she was.

mike

I don't see why having it out of the boxes would be any problem at customs since you'll have a bill of sale. If anything, the fact that they can see everything would probably be better than big sealed boxes.

Well Chris??
    We're sitting on pins and needles to know which gorilla you ended up buying, and whether or not it fit in the minivan? Is the "gloat" thread coming?

Maybe my advise on customs didn't work out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hochuli
    Well Chris??
    We're sitting on pins and needles to know which gorilla you ended up buying, and whether or not it fit in the minivan? Is the "gloat" thread coming?
    Didnt go friday as they ended up doing inventory. I did however depart from Toronto Canada today @3:45 AM.....arriving @ Oneida in Syracuse NY at 8:15AM.... (270 miles, one way)
    I had been talking too, via phone and e-mail with Don @ Oneita for a week or so prior to making the trip. I met Don this morning when I arrived. He is a young guy 25-30, very professional and personable. I can only say that without employees like him even the best of products would not be as successful. He gave me the plant tour , taking the time to explain manufacturing process, shipping etc.
    He will probably kill me for mentioning his name but this kid is a class act and his employer is lucky to have him.
    I would reccomend anyone that is considering a Oneita to speak with him @ ext# 108.

Anyway, The recommendation from Oneita for my needs was a 2hp Gorilla, but I came home with the 3hp!
    My wife and I have plans of moving in 3-4 years, and a bigger shop and more machines is hopfully in the future.
    As far as the fit in our Pontiac Montana, no problem....tonnes of room to spare.

I was home by 2:30 pm......little tired.

Chris

Congrats on your new Gorilla, Chris!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by chris del
    He will probably kill me for mentioning his name but this kid is a class act and his employer is lucky to have him.
    Chris
    I'm sure he wont mind. He's probably standing behind his boss right now with a printout of your post while he asks for a raise.

Glad everything worked out.
    Use the fence Luke

Congrats on the new cyclone. Use it in good health!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Congrats on the new addition! They are well built machines.

Glad to hear it made the trip okay.

mike

I can't believe Heather left!!!

You say she left in March or April? I bought my 3HP around that time. Could I have driven her that crazy????

Good luck with setting up the Gorilla. The hardest part is standing the beast upright.

Well, here it is..... Installed and wired up!
    This thing really sucks!!!

I am looking forward to plumbing it in this weekend, providing all the wyes come in on time.
    Is it normal for the dust bin to get sucked off the ground when I turn this on???

Yes! It is normal (at least for me) for the dust bin to suck up off the ground. It quits when it gets about a 1/3 full.

As an FYI, I added additional braces on the wall mount bracket on my unit as it had too much give and worried me how much it would rock.

Good luck with the piping, and be sure to wear gloves. I didn't, and I regretted it.

Very nice, Chris! (and very yellow... ) BTW, don't run it without some duct work or hose attached... Also try very hard if you can to get a little bit of a straight shot into the inlet if you can rather than going directly to the elbow. I know...difficult in a small shop and the system will still work fine if you can't. But it will be happier if you do! (Less turbulence going in)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I really dont have much of a choice, I have to do a 45 right at the machine.... The good thing is that I only have a 15' run to my major machines TS, jointer and shaper, and about 30' run to the BS......
    Why is it not ok to run without ducting?

Chris

Wow! 3 days after picking it up and you've got the install that far? I've been struggling for 3 days just playing Whack-a-mole chasing a gap out between the transition and filter stack on my ClearVue after getting my cleanout box built. Sure makes that Oneida out-of-the-box experience look good. Congratulations.
    Use the fence Luke