Thread: Good price for a Bosch 1591 jigsaw?

Good price for a Bosch 1591 jigsaw?

My old Craftsman jigsaw has just about bit the dust. I never did like it very much anyway (Understatement). Judging from what I have read here, I have decided on the Bosch 1591. I have not been paying any attention to the prices so I do not know what is a fair price. Looking around the net the best deal that I can find is from Amazon for $179.82 minus the $25 November promotion for a total of $154.82 with free shipping. Is this a good price?

I was also supprised at the limited kinds of blades. It looks like that three blades, the Bosch T234 Progressor wood blades, Bosch 119BO 3" 12 tooth blades and the Bosch T101 B 4" blades will do just about any kind of wood cutting that a person would want to do with a jigsaw. Any suggestions?

If the price seems good I will place the order over the weekend unless somthing comes up here that changes my mind.

I would appreicate any thoughts!!!!

Allen
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 11-10-2006 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Spelling of Title

That's the best price I have found for the 1591. You should look at the Hilti blades as well.

If you could live with the 1590 (top handle), it's $134 at Savannah Toolhouse.

Thanks Al for the price info. Will look into the Hilti blades.

I did not know about the Savannah Toolhouse. Good place to shop it looks like. Will have to think about $20 difference between the 1590 and 1591.

Allen

I recently did alot of research before I bought my 1591. That price is the best I've seen for a new one. I chose to go to the factory outlet and buy a reconditioned at $139. I've also got a reconditioned random orbital sander and cordless drill. They come with the same warrantee and are excellent tools. If you don't mind the top handle, they were $94 on the same site. I would recommend the barrel handle, however, it seems to be much more accurate, at least in my clumsy hand.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

I would second the barrel grip over the top handle.

That's about the same price as you'll pay for a reconditioned unit from CPO Tools, after you include their shipping cost. Add to that the fact that it isn't available reconditioned right now from them, and that's a decent deal.

Looks like that I will stay with the barrel grip.

John, you really got a good deal with the reconditioned unit. I had checked the outlet price and it is now $157.90 delivered vs $154.82 for a new one from Amazon and Scott says they are not available now anyway. Bosch wants $187.90 for a new one delivered ($33 more than Amazon).