Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floor Matts!

Question Floor Matts!

Hey! Everyone.... I'm looking for some floor matts to place around my machines to help stay of the hard concrete. Does anyone know of a inexpensive alternative to rubber floor matts that some of these stores sell?
    Thanks a bunch!
    Bigger is better, too much is just right!

Well, I don't know about the rubber part, but I just bought this mat from these folks on e-bay. Just got it yesterday. Price was very reasonable and the mat is larger than most. Hope that helps.

Ebay item number 290048949862
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 11-12-2006 at 9:39 AM. Reason: Removed direct link to auction
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

If you have your heart set on floor mats then all well and good but an alternative you might consider is crocs . They are an extremely comfortable soft rubberish type shoe that are great on concrete floors, i have been wearing mine now for about a month and they have saved me from having to put down mats all around the shop.

Regards,
    Wayne

I'm using what they called "stall mats" which I got at Farm & Fleet. I think they are meant primarily for the floor of animal stalls. I don't recall the cost, but it was well below other options.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Glen,

Thanks for the info. I'm not that far from Calhoun, GA. Might be able to save the shipping!

Wayne,

That's not a bad idea either. Never thought of that. Might have to give it some thought! Thanks !

John,

I know what your taking about, I've seen them in barns.

Good deal....I've got 3 ideas in less than 15 minutes.

Thank you!

I use the 2x2 rubber matts from Horror freight and I like them

I buy my mats from ULINE. I have them in the shop as well as a long one in the kitchen between the island and the counter. (full thickness brick floor...) While these are not necessarily the least expensive mats, the ablity to source them in so many sizes is convenient. For example, I bought a 4' x 6' matt for use around my Stubby lathe. I notched out for the legs and now have a comfortable surface in front of and at the tailstock end without any seams.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Old conver (SP?) belt's I've got some in the greenhouse to absorb heat during the day

Chuck, take a look at items H4228 and H6572 at the Grizzly website.
    Best Regards, Ken

I purchased a couple of the Grizzly mats on sale a while back and have been very pleased with them. I'm sure you can find them at the Griz website.

I get mine from Costco. The price is right and the quality is there.

Ditto on Cosco. $65 for entire shop floor and easily replaced.
    Strive for perfection...Settle for completion

I think I've got some coming. Mom let it slip. Said Dad told her I wouldn't use them because all my tools are mobile. I said yes, I'll use them. Don't know if they will be any good or not. I can let you know when they show up. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.