Thread: New dewalt compressor

New dewalt compressor

Does anyone have one of the new dewalt d55168 compressors yet? It looks pretty sweet.

TR

No one have one of these?

Hey Rodney...did you ever get any info on the DeWALT D55168 compressor? I too am interested in this compressor....it looks pretty good...I think I'll get it but I'm just looking for the best price....I see that Amazon has it for $359 with $50 savings using code DECOFFER....downside is that they want $99 for shipping...I'm hoping to find it local.

Anyway, if I get one I'll post a comment.
    Regards,
    Greg

Talking

I was on the hunt for a compressor with decent air flow. I narrowed mine down to the Makita 5200, locally for $319 and the Ridgid OL50135W compressor. The final decision came down to space and money. When I build my shop I will include a robust 220V air compressor until then this will do all I need of it and more at the moment. I bought the Ridgid at HD for $249. It requires synthetic 5W40 oil. I pulled it out of the box, broke it in and did ops checked it. It works great although I haven't put a real nail gun to it yet, just a brad nailer but it would let me run nails as fast as I could pull the trigger. Having said that it seems to have no problem keeping up and recovers to max pressure in 20 secs tops. It is well built, the compressor/motor sit on large rubber shock mounts. All in all I would do it again, if money weren't an issue I would have gone with the Makita 5200, it has 6 SCFM and the only gripe I have heard out of them is the cheap cheap wheels.

Good luck in your hunt for a compressor the choices are many and most don't give the complete story. We won't even get into the discussion on 110V HP ratings.........