Thread: Makita LS1013FL Mitersaw-Any input from users?

Makita LS1013FL Mitersaw-Any input from users?

I just ordered the Makita LS1013FL Dual Compound Mitersaw from Heavydutytools that is on special for $408.88 delivered. I jumped on it as I thought that I had remembered that there were nothing but glowing reports about this unit. Also it is about a hundred bucks cheaper than I could find it anywhere else. I started looking around and see a little bit of dissatisfaction from a few but I think that they may be in the minority. I was just wondering if there are any users here that could give some input.

Sometimes you can get burned when buying on impulse and memory.

Thanks! Allen
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 11-13-2006 at 7:04 PM. Reason: Title mistake

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Have an older model ( no cute little lite)
    2 years of hard duty still cutting with minamal adjustments.
    Just now replaced the stock blade
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

I have the one without the light too. I have had it about 2 years and have had no problems, works great. I took out the stock plastic inserts in the table and made a zero clearance insert for it and added some plywood to the fence to make it zero clearance too.

Thanks Tyler and Kelley!

I do not know how you guys got along without the "cute little lite". I have a real old no sliding or compound Makita that has really been beaten up and is still going but as time goes on quality changes. I did not see any complaints on the models that are a few years old. I understand that production moved from the USA to Japan at some time and may have moved since. Could have something to do with issues---or maybe not. Who knows!

Good ideas Kelly!

Makita miter saw

Hi Allen

We have the Makita 1212 SCMS in our shop. It has built a complete house and shop and is used on a daily basis. No major adjustments have been required and it is dead on accurate. For a miter saw, the dust collection isn't bad. One issue to watch out for is the "sliding arm" on the left fence. It has to fully retracted when making bevel cuts. Read the warning label on the fence. Highly recommended. Good luck.

Rick Cabot