Thread: Oneida Bag Gripper--Bags

Oneida Bag Gripper--Bags

I own an Oneida Bag Gripper, and I need to purchase some more plastic
    bags.....I contacted Oneida, and well their replacement bags were super expensive-10 for $25.00 plus shipping; they claim their bags are between 4 and 6 mil thick--depending upon whom you speak with at Oneida...and are 55" tall. My barrel is a regular barrel in diameter but only 24" tall; the inside diameter is about 22". I believe they call this a 35 gal barrel. I called PennState and they have a few options--a 3 mil bag 55 gal bag quantity 50 for $50.00; and a few others which do not have a thickness listed. I like the taller bags because it is easier for this old man to tie them and move them-I believe they are called 55 gallon drum bags. Any ideas on where to buy 50 or 100 heavy duty bags to fit these 55 gallon drums-if I bought them Oneida, I would have to get a full time job---again.
    Phil

For my Grizzly G1029 with a 30 gallon trash can that sets below the bag rim a bit I just use heavy duty trash bags.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

I have been using I believe hefty contractors bags which are 3 mil thick. I believe I got them at the HD for a very reasonable price. They have been working great with the gripper for the past 6 months.

Bob

Try these guys.
    http://www.americanfabricfilter.com/

The ones I have bought from them have all been 6 mil. For my basement Jet cannister DC, the smaller ones are fine, @ $1, and the 24" dia., 6' long, are $2@. I no longer have that DC, having gone cyclone, and so sold them with the DC unit for which they were purchased.
    Last edited by Alan Turner; 11-20-2006 at 8:15 AM.
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

They sent me a few when I bought my bag gripper and haven't used them all yet, but I have looked at HD, ACE, etc, and the thickest I have found is 3 mil. I am going to try those when I run out.

I use the 3 mil contractor bags at HD.

I sit the new bag in place without wrapping it over the edge and then put the old bag of chips (tied off) in the bin to remove the excess air. I then wrap the new bag over the bin side, fire up the Gorilla. I then shut everything down and remove the bag of chips. This allows the gripper to grab hold of the bags a lot faster and not tear them.

I've torn too many 3mil bags with the Gorilla sucking the bag up into the lower cone so I came up with this process.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gabbay
    I use the 3 mil contractor bags at HD.
    <<< snip >>>
    I've torn too many 3mil bags with the Gorilla sucking the bag up into the lower cone so I came up with this process.

Mike
    A brick or two put in the bottom of the bag will will prevent the suckup problem.
    Best Regards, Ken

I throw a few woodscraps in the bottom. Its the only time I ever throw away scrap wood.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.