Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firestorm Tools

Blog Entries

Rockler Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Charles McKinley
    Hi Lee,

Rockler has the Bosch on sale for $100. Try Ebay to see if you can get a better saw for the same money as the Firestorm new. The Grizzley is the older Bosch design that needs a screwdriver to change the blade but is a good saw. It sells for $60. with a craft knife kit thrown in.

I just checked the Rockler site and didn't find the Bosch Jig saw on sale. Can you provide a link or promotion code?

Lee
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

As an occasional weekend worker, I'm mostly using Ryobi and Firestorm tools. About the nicest tool I have is a DeWalt single-speed drill. Everything else cost me under $50. They work great for me.
    The world's newest weekend woodworker. I love the smell of sawdust in the morning.

Hi All,

I checked the email from Rockler and the $99 Bosch Jig saw is one of the Black Friday loss leaders from opening til noon or something like that.

Sorry
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

"Firestorm" is Black&Decker's cordless line. ..."

The Firestorm tools come in corded versions also. My Firestorm recip saw is 8.5 amp corded.

I also bought one of my employees a Firestorm 15 amp corded circular saw.
    James

I've owned a Firestorm 12V drill/driver for 7 years. I secretly kept hoping it would die so I could buy something cooler, but it faithfully served me for many a project. I eventually caved and bought a Panasonic 15.6V drill/driver, which I love. But the Firestorm is still going strong. It doesn't have torque, stamina or features that the Panasonic does, but it's smaller and lighter, and is a good back-up when a friend is helping me on a project.

For someone who rarely uses tools, they're a great value. It was around 1/5 the price of my Panasonic. Not for the do-it-yourselfer that would use it frequently, though.

Todd