Thread: Internet Explorer 7 Question

Internet Explorer 7 Question

First off, installing a competitive browser is not an option.

Several days ago I installed IE 7, and I am quite happy with it(once I learn where everything as been moved.) In particular I like the tabs for keeping quick access to multiple sites.

One problem I have run into, here at the creek, is that when I try to insert a link in a reply to a post, I get a nasty-gram about an attempt to open a script window has been detected. The message looks like a version of the pop-up blocker. I then have to 'allow' the temporary use of the script. This happens with every attempt to put a link in a message post.

OK, now the question as if you haven't already guessed. How do I defeat this 'feature' without turning off pop-up filtering?
    Best Regards, Ken

It sounds like Microsoft have gone in the other direction now it is too secure. But to answer you question I have no clue how to do that. Its too bad you can't use Firefox as it seems to be the ideal browser.
    Last edited by Chuck Wintle; 11-21-2006 at 9:32 PM.

Ken

When I attempt to insert a link it asks me to temporarily allow the activex component and once I allow it everything appears to work normally and I don't get prompted again unless I close IE7. If that does not help send me an e-mail and I will send you some screenshots of my IE7 settings. I am running this on a corporate laptop with some serious security lock downs so if mine works almost anyone elses should be working also.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Garlock
    First off, installing a competitive browser is not an option.
    Just curious, why is a "competive browser" like say... Firefox not an option?
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm guessing not using Firefox is a personal choice. It is for me. I figure when 98% of the worlds computers use IE, there is probably a good reason. Why screw around with something that has been on the market (or given free) for a couple decades but still has not gained widespread popularity. Isn't it the Yugo of browsers? Like I said, why screw around? I'll stick with what is proven and what works.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning
    Just curious, why is a "competive browser" like say... Firefox not an option?
    Hi Larry,

I am sure that Firefox is an excellent product, but for ease of maintenance and consistency I prefer to stay with M/S. Internet Explorer and Outlook have been serving me quite well since before 2000.
    Best Regards, Ken

Try this:

Open your Internet Options
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The world's newest weekend woodworker. I love the smell of sawdust in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco
    It is for me. I figure when 98% of the worlds computers use IE, there is probably a good reason. .
    I am sure that if everytime you bought new tires they came with a free Chevy, most people would be driving Chevy's
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

98%? not quite

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco
    I'm guessing not using Firefox is a personal choice. It is for me. I figure when 98% of the worlds computers use IE, there is probably a good reason. Why screw around with something that has been on the market (or given free) for a couple decades but still has not gained widespread popularity. Isn't it the Yugo of browsers? Like I said, why screw around? I'll stick with what is proven and what works.
    http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

I recently switched to Firefox and, for me, the experience has been so good using it that going back to IE6 seems only a distant possibility. With FF Version 2 they seem to have it nailed so to speak although to be fair i have not yet tried IE7. I just think that FF is a smaller company that is doing a better job at the moment. One of MS's problems is its huge size. I think that is working against them right now.

I had so many problems clear up after switching to firefox that I haven't even considered upgrading my IE. Those who say "if it aint broke don't fix it", I agree. IE6 was broke, don't know about 7.
    Still stuck with IE6 at work until they push me upgrades .
    Jay St. Peter