Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One year ago today...

One year ago today...

One year ago today...22 November...we became a family of four. Our daughters are the joy of our lives (punctuated by a few challenges...) and we have less than zero regrets about taking the journey we signed on to almost two years ago. Life, as we know it, is very different!

The US Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow has special meaning in this household. Last year, we celebrated in Moscow at TGI Fridays. (I had chicken fingers...no turkey on the menu) This year, we celebrate at home. Just the four of us, err...six. Can’t forget Tosca and Spike, our birds. And we have a lot to be very thankful for. All of us.

Alison and I have the honor and pleasure of parenting two lovely young ladies...for that we are thankful. The system worked for us...it’s certainly become much more frustrating for people who are following the same path this year. Alison’s new professional appointment that let’s her be closer to home most days as well as teach others is also something we are thankful for. And our plans to build an addition to our home are moving forward. “Ching...ching...”, but we are still thankful we can do it!

Alesya and Nastia have each other. I know that sounds strange, but these sisters only met each other a few years ago. They also have a stable, functional family that cares for them deeply. Both girls are doing well in school and in learning how to live in said stable, functional family.

There are still challenges, but we are equally thankful that we are there to help the girls work through things.

And then there are the hugs...more and more spontaneous every day.

So today’s celebration included chocolate at breakfast, Little Mermaid Barbies from mom and red roses from dad after school, McDonald’s for dinner (girls’ choice) and Friendly’s for Ice Cream. (MY choice...)

For those of you who celebrate the US Thanksgiving holiday on the 23rd, enjoy the day. And raise a toast to each child who finds a family this year and going forward...and especially to the families who make the commitment.

Here are a few more pictures from the day for your enjoyment:

Last edited by Jim Becker; 11-22-2006 at 4:24 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That's nice Jim. I remember. Happy Thanksgiving.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Nice post Jim, it doesn't seem like a whole year has gone by. Alesya and Nastia look very happy in their new life!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Jim, how nice! That's a wonderful work that you and Alison have undertaken, it creates a win-win scenario for all. Congratulations to you and your family as you celebrate.

Congratulations Jim !!! Watch them girls grow up fast. Did the year go by quick?

Our Anniversary is Friday Nov 24. !7 years and counting.

Thanksgiving is trully a special time.
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Congratulations to the WHOLE Becker family! For some reason, it seems longer than a year - kind of like it was always meant to be.

Wes

Happy Anniversary to Becker clan.

Seems like you should bust that big black hat out of mothballs and celebrate in style.
    Only the Blue Roads

Congrats to the entire Becker family! Happy Anniversary and Thanksgiving! Life is indeed GOOD!

BTW....I hope I don't find the gift in that last photo under my Christmas tree!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Congratulations to the Becker FAMILY!!!

Seems like just last week we followed your trip to Russia on the road to adopting the girls. Enjoy them, for all too soon they grow up and begin their own lives.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Doesn't Just Kill You?

I mean you go out to celebrate a great event such as you did, and you have to go to MACDONALD'S? DAMHIKT
    18th century nut --- Carl

I'll raise a toast to that, and I don't even drink!! Congrats again Jim and family. It takes special courage and commitmant to do what you and the LOYL have done. Love makes it all happen. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Happy anniversary to the entire Becker family... I know that it has been a year filled with all of the joys and challenges that are part of every family and I wish you, your wife, and your two daughters a very happy and joyful Thanksgiving. When I read your posts, I often think about my parents and their choice to take me and my sister into their lives and how blessed I was that they had the courage and love to do so.... Your post once again reminds me of how much I have to be thankful for!
    Best wishes to you all...
    Roger

WOW, its been a year. Seems like you were just talking about it last month. Dude,,,,, I mean Dad, you rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Eyman
    I mean you go out to celebrate a great event such as you did, and you have to go to MACDONALD'S? DAMHIKT
    Yea...go figure. But I did get my way with the ice cream venue! (Nastia ate a whole banana split, plus part of her sisters. (She's not normally allowed to finish Alesya's food/desert...we let her slide for the occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    Seems like you should bust that big black hat out of mothballs and celebrate in style.
    You mean the forehead ribbon wasn't good enough?? LOL!

Brown Rabbit Fur. Yea...too hot to actually wear around here (plus it makes my skin break out)...so you'll have to settle for a sentimental picture...

hat.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

j.

We are so very happy for you and Allison and of course the children. It is so wonderful that the story had such a happy ending for all of you. Many, many more happy Thanksgivings to all of you.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]