Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatars

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

I personally like to put a face on someone when reading posts and responding to them. I wish more members would use the avatar feature here. It really helps especially if you go to shows, get togethers, etc. You know who people are even before introductions.

I use to post a pic as part of my signature even back in the Badger Pond days. Last week, as was apparent in the posts by several people who saw me at Woodworks 2003 and said "hey I know that guy" and came over to introduce themselves. (of course an ugly puss is easier to remember .)

In the early days of SMC I made lots of avatars for members who were unable to make them. I will make that offer to any member who wants to use an avatar. Just e-mail me a picture (any size) which I can crop/compress to the required size (50 x 50 pixels). I will do so and e-mail you back an avatar which you can insert in your profile.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

I've stayed away from camera's since someone made a comment about shaving his dog and having him walk backwrd,,,LOL,,,maybe if I can find a picture I'll put one on,,,,
    Mike

OK Ken, but remember you asked for it. When users open posts from me now and their computer monitors start to break we'll be directing the bills your way!!!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Meadows
    OK Ken, but remember you asked for it. When users open posts from me now and their computer monitors start to break we'll be directing the bills your way!!!

Ron
    OK ken
    remember halloween just passed...
    lets see if this works
    regards
    mike

It took awhile....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Meadows

Ron
    ...but the tortoise comes outta' his shell I'll bet 99% who ain't ever seen ya', are sayin', "that's the guy?"
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Phelps
    ...but the tortoise comes outta' his shell I'll bet 99% who ain't ever seen ya', are sayin', "that's the guy?"
    What about those of us who have seen him and are saying, "that's the guy?"

Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    I personally like to put a face on someone when reading posts and responding to them. I wish more members would use the avatar feature here. It really helps especially if you go to shows, get togethers, etc. You know who people are even before introductions.

I use to post a pic as part of my signature even back in the Badger Pond days. Last week, as was apparent in the posts by several people who saw me at Woodworks 2003 and said "hey I know that guy" and came over to introduce themselves. (of course an ugly puss is easier to remember .)

In the early days of SMC I made lots of avatars for members who were unable to make them. I will make that offer to any member who wants to use an avatar. Just e-mail me a picture (any size) which I can crop/compress to the required size (50 x 50 pixels). I will do so and e-mail you back an avatar which you can insert in your profile.
    Hey Ken can you make me one from the pics you took at Hatfields? Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nelson
    Hey Ken can you make me one from the pics you took at Hatfields? Steve
    Sure Steve - will do it tonight
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Sure Steve - will do it tonight
    Thanks Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nelson
    Thanks Ken
    Copy and paste this in your user CP
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mt. Juliet, TN/ on the road full time in 38' Fleetwood Revolution Motor Home
    This is me. Ya'll better squint or it will hurt to look.
    Ken, sorry I missed you at the Woodworks Nashville, I was just too far behind on some projucts that I have to get finished with on the new house before next month.

Can you grab my head from this picture?

link

I'm the man, not the little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Woodworth
    Can you grab my head from this picture?

link

I'm the man, not the little girl.
    Here ya go Matt - copy and paste this for your avatar:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know, Ken. Something is wrong with the avatar you sized down for me. I'm not NEARLY that good-lookin' in real life!!

Keith

Ok you asked for it. I am going to look for a picturethe doesnt make me look like I am going to kill something.

Roger