Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Saw Double-gloat

1. Ya, but you should have been here when my wife yelled at me for bringing both of those crates home! I had a guy pick one up today and couldn't take the pallet and crate. My wife thinks that her vehicle should be in the garage not all these crates! LOL!

I am glad that you both are enjoying your saws and thanks for posting. How was the set up for you? Any problems with alignment?

Thumbs up

Congrats to both of you....awesome deal!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Schronce
    Ya, but you should have been here when my wife yelled at me for bringing both of those crates home! I had a guy pick one up today and couldn't take the pallet and crate. My wife thinks that her vehicle should be in the garage not all these crates! LOL!

I am glad that you both are enjoying your saws and thanks for posting. How was the set up for you? Any problems with alignment?
    Yeah, unless you have a pallet jack or a forklift, those crates aren't really easy to move. I think we did pretty good with the rented appliance dolly and my home-made ramps!

Don came over to help me set mine up, so it was easier than his. I think mine required less adjustments than his did, too. Overall it went together pretty smoothly and the tweaking of settings has been minimal. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase and a BIG thank you to you, Jeffrey, for allowing us financially-impaired the opportunity to own such a great saw at a price we could afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Schronce
    Yeah, big thanks to you Jeffrey! I never thought I'd be able to afford a saw like this. Your efforts of selling and meeting us were very much appreciated and we're both very happy with the saws.

Thanks again!

Way to go guys, and a excellent price!! Congrats!

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Don Fuss
    Here's the one I made. It's just put together from some scrap melamine and some leftover oak stock. I squared it up and it works beautifully. I've always wanted to be able to use one of these, and now I don't know how I ever lived without it.
    Nice sled, Don however, if you'd be open to a slight modification on it? I'd really like to see and additional block or two of wood in the center of the backside of the sled, right where the blade comes out. In other words, once the material being cut has passed completely through the backstop, the blade would be "buried" in the block(s) of wood and not be exposed. Kinda' like to see you hang on to all 10 of your digits!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Nice sled, Don however, if you'd be open to a slight modification on it? I'd really like to see and additional block or two of wood in the center of the backside of the sled, right where the blade comes out. In other words, once the material being cut has passed completely through the backstop, the blade would be "buried" in the block(s) of wood and not be exposed. Kinda' like to see you hang on to all 10 of your digits!
    John, thanks for the tip! I'll be adding that on next time I get out to the shop.

Rotflmao

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie Brown
    I haven't done much with the saw yet (plan to start on my 6 raised panel doors today), but so far this saw is completely awesome! Especially compared to what I was using before. I am not used to working with nice tools made of iron instead of aluminum, that can cut straight and square! It will be SO nice to be able to finally! I am psyched!

Cut straight and square? Is that a secret code for "honey, now I cut so straight, I need a band/scroll/jig saw" LOL.
    Take some of that crate lumber and make a box, to give your wife a present for the garage, and she'll be happy.

Thumbs up

Good deal!!!!! If there is anything better than new tools...It's new tools with a good price !!!!!
    Bigger is better, too much is just right!

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson
    Cut straight and square? Is that a secret code for "honey, now I cut so straight, I need a band/scroll/jig saw" LOL.
    Take some of that crate lumber and make a box, to give your wife a present for the garage, and she'll be happy.
    LOL! Maybe if I had a wife, but I have a husband instead.

LOL! Maybe if I had a wife, but I have a husband instead.

Just kinda picturing myself in that posistion, payback for "new shoes, needing new purse".

12. Quote Originally Posted by Laurie Brown
    Yeah, unless you have a pallet jack or a forklift, those crates aren't really easy to move. I think we did pretty good with the rented appliance dolly and my home-made ramps!

Don came over to help me set mine up, so it was easier than his. I think mine required less adjustments than his did, too. Overall it went together pretty smoothly and the tweaking of settings has been minimal. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase and a BIG thank you to you, Jeffrey, for allowing us financially-impaired the opportunity to own such a great saw at a price we could afford.
    Tell me about it! After moving 12 of those things by back and legs are killing me! The upper wheels on the dolly definately saved the day!

I am glad you guys got them set up with no problems!

Make lots of dust!

Yeah, I forgot to mention the price! With factory warranty, too!

Did I mention how shockingly QUIET this saw is?? I expected bigger saw = more noise, but the opposite was true. It sounds like the blower on a supercharged car engine, all you hear is belt whine.
    The reduction in noise on a cabinet-type saw is amazing, even when going from a contractors saw. To go from a direct-drive to a cabinet saw must really be great. My first saw was a tabletop version and I always wanted to wear hearing protection when it was on. I sold my contractors saw and now I've got a Unisaw and can even hear the radio when the saw is running (and even sometimes when cutting - if I'm paying attention to the radio instead of my sawing ).

Congrats on the saws - both of you.

Blaine