Thread: Braclet Helper PICS

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

Braclet Helper PICS

I managed to whip out 25 bracelet helpers yesterday in about 3 hours. Here is a small sample of those. From top to bottom -- Cocobola, Zebrawood, Walnut, Padauk and Cherry. I have 25 more to make for an upcoming craft show. and then get on some pens to build up my inventory. -- No rest for the wicked.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 11-03-2003 at 9:10 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Hey Ken!

These look great! Your attention to detail is amazing! And I bet you don't even charge that much for these items. I like the one in the middle - it looks like a billy club!

Scott.

Hey Ken ......

Your stuff is always really nice ..... as is this work .......

BUT ... for those of us who lead underpriviledged lives down here in So. GA. ........ what is a bracelet helper??????

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Wright
    Your stuff is always really nice ..... as is this work .......

BUT ... for those of us who lead underpriviledged lives down here in So. GA. ........ what is a bracelet helper??????

the turned part of the bracelet helper is held in the palm of the hand while the alligator clip holds part of the bracelet on the wrist. with the other hand the loyl can hook the bracelet without anyone's help.
    great work ken........... these have been my wifes favs of most of my small turnings.
    one handed deal.

brad
    The Country Toad Workshop Rogersville, Al

Thanks Brad

for the info ........
    /ken

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Hammond
    the turned part of the bracelet helper is held in the palm of the hand while the alligator clip holds part of the bracelet on the wrist. with the other hand the loyl can hook the bracelet without anyone's help.
    great work ken........... these have been my wifes favs of most of my small turnings.
    one handed deal.

brad

1 Picture equals 1000 words

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Wright
    for the info ........
    /ken
    Here is a pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Thanks Ken ...

That's pretty neat .... have you come up with a Law Enforcement version???

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    Here is a pic:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greaves
    Hey Ken!

These look great! Your attention to detail is amazing! And I bet you don't even charge that much for these items. I like the one in the middle - it looks like a billy club!

Scott.
    Thanks Scott.

I found out at my Fall Craft Show that these are great sellers. I had never made any until then. I only made 10 of them for that show since I had no idea how they would sell. The show opened at 9:00 and by noon I had sold all 10.

Christmas show is coming up in Dec - will have a lot more. The kits are relatively cheap ($3.00 in 50pc lots). I sell for $13.50. Since I can make about 8-10 per hour that is a handsome profit.

IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT ??

Very nice Ken, but up here in New York we call them roach clips.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Rayboy
    Very nice Ken, but up here in New York we call them roach clips.
    The Old Rebel doesn't care what the customers call em -- as long as they buy em

Those look great Ken. Do they use a 7 mm hole like Slimlines?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bridges
    Those look great Ken. Do they use a 7 mm hole like Slimlines?

Matt
    Matt,

The tubes require a 5/16" hole - not 7mm

Ken, Where can I order those kits at. I was telling my wife about these and she wants me to make some. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dockrey
    Ken, Where can I order those kits at. I was telling my wife about these and she wants me to make some. Thanks.
    Berea Hardwoods -- order a catalog from their web site