Thread: Another Incra jig fan here...who else, which ones and how many?

Thumbs up Another Incra jig fan here...who else, which ones and how many?

I am hooked on the Incra jigs an all of their incarnations from the earliest onward.

My own arsenal includes three examples...two original Incras, one with a wooden fence for use on the DP, another with the Incra ProFence mounted on a Shopsmith over/under routing table and the third is the Incra Ultra with their Intellifence mounted on an extended LV router table for all of the really fun work.

I guess by now you may have gathered that I really love the Incra toys and I would like to hear your all of your experiences with the breed as well.

Unhappy A Misunderstood Device

Hi John,

I think the Incra fence positioners are a misunderstood device. Woodworking magazines have all but ignored them. Review after review of router fences don't cover them or their major competitor Jointech... Review after review of tablesaw fences don't even mention them... Nor do any of the rags even mention upgrades of their products (plastic sawtooth blocks to lead screw etc.), yet other woodworking tool providers get coverage for the same old tired product by changing the color of their paint.... Most view as a aid for the router table & for some the table saw, but as you know John they have other uses around the shop.

I currently have 5 Incra Ultra Lites; 2 on my shaper, 2 for drill presses, and one "floater" that sometime I attach to one of my band saws for rips (makes the most accurate & fast feather boards you've ever seen).

A Linear Twin on my router table, a 24" Ultra on long time "loan" to a friend who won't give it back...., and a LS 32 for the tablesaw.

Lot's & lots of Incra fence on; my DeWalt radial arm saw, my Leigh FMT, my drill presses, and my miter box. Plus ShopStops on "E-all of the above" Plus a couple of Incra miter gauges with more Incra fence.

For me the Incra works well, the accuracy is addicting...
    jim
    Life is just a series of projects.........

Jim, you have some great ideas for the Incra. I may try my DP "floater" on the shaper. The BS is a good one too but I have a Shopsmith 510 with "the works", part of which is their upgraded BS with an excellent fence to begin with. The Incra makes you invent new uses for it every time a need arises so I'm sure I'll let it teach me a lot more tricks in the future.

I am somewhat of a newby with Incra compared to yall but.... I chose the Incra Miter 3000 when I needed to upgrade my factory Delta mitre and was just sucked in with the quality and innovation. After I saw a demo of the TSII, PRL and wonder fence I had to have it. About $1100 later I got all that stuff. The gold fence is so pretty and it works so well. I love it.

I also have their drill press table, very nice and some of their genius measuring tools.

Always looking to add more to my list of Incra products. Very cool stuff.

I really think the table saw fence is the coolest thing. It increases efficiency by a large factor and increases accuracy.

When I was doing my 1st major/difficult project (a complicated cradle), I made a mistake on a miter after it was cut but the angle was something like 33.5 degrees. I was able to return to that exact degree within seconds to redo the cut on a new piece of wood and know that it would be right and it was.

Did I say that I love Incra products.

I love my Incra Miter guage SE and my Incra Square Would love to have an Incra Jig some day for my box and drawer work.

Corey

I have the Incra LS on my shop-built router table (with Woodpecker top and lift). This is an amazing precision tool. The joinery aspects are great and I've made box joints and dovetails with little trouble. But, this is also an incredible fence. The infeed and outfeed sides are independently adjustable, the positioner makes it a breeze to set the bit relative to the fence, and the accuracy and repeatability are second to none. IMHO of course. I also have a 100SE on my table saw and like it very much, although the bar is a little short so wide stock can be problematic at times.

Ron Robinson

One here for the Incra jig ultra. I'm still looking for the how to videos on the jig. I've done basic dovetails and box joints. But the others, I would like to see them done before attempting them.

I have a jointech on my router table that replaced an older Incra Ultra. I like them both and, properly configured, consider them the ideal router table fence.
    I can see the appeal of the positioner for the tablesaw. I definitely wish my Bies had a fine adjust. But, every time I play with the Incra/Jointech TS fences at the show I don't get psyched. The large positioner bar sticking off the right side of the saw is also unacceptable to me.
    I have been considering an Ultra Lite as a bandsaw fence. However, I'd probably make my own fence and just use the positioner. Should make it easy to hone in on thicknesses when resawing. The hassle of removal/reinstallation are what's kept me from doing it. Again, a Bies style fence with fine adjust would be ideal.
    Jay St. Peter

Incra Ultra Lite

I own the Incra Ultra Lite version (from Rockler). I have it mounted to a removable base that I use on my router table. I really like it for decorative joints used in small boxes. The "double cornerpost dovetails" are real WOW factors with the Christmas present crowd.