Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

December 1st, 2006

Good morning "Creekers".

Well, for a lot of you "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". Here in the central and northern parts of the "Frozen Tundra" we are just cold. The snow is going south and east of us.

This weekend is go and find a tree for our first Christmas in our new home. It'll be the first real tree we'll have had in many years. That should just about take care of my weekend.

So what's on the agenda for your weekend?? Would I be guessing right that a lot of you will be digging out? Take it easy. Remember we're all a year older since that last time we had to shovel.

Whatever your doing, be safe and have a good weekend.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Christmas tree also. Did the lights on the house last weekend. Maybe a big pot of chili also.

I've got a few pens to turn...........And some table leg extensions to turn for a friend........and finish some folding tables for my MIL...........
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Hanging drywall tomorrow in my kitchen to get it closed in. Should be done with that by about 2:00pm (assuming I get up at a reasonable hour) then it's back to installing cabinet drawers etc. Crown molding being delivered today from Old World Moldings so that is the last of the materials I need - now it's up to me to get it all put together.

Since the SIL had a accident the day before thanksgiving (she was hosting this year) she decided to have Famous Dave's for din din....
    Wife and I are gonna try grilling a turkey saturday while I get to install the new dishwasher.
    Hopefully some garage/shop time later sat, and sunday is get the snowblower out and running time, then more shop time.

Also may spend some time making my TS guard more user friendly and maybe see if I can fashion a riving knife for it, or find someone who makes one.
    Still have to shim the bed on my jointer, and it might be a good time for that too.

Other than the dishwasher Beasty has said to stay out of her hair this weekend, seems she has stuff to do and I get in the way....YAAAAY!!!!

Al.....who thinks it pays to be a pest sometimes...

Since I have to work 8 to 1 tomorrow, I'm going to try to sneak out of here a little early and call Sam Blasco at Mini Max, if he is there, and finalize my BS tracking possible problem. If time and temperature permits, I may start hanging some insulation in the ceiling of the shop. That's my main task for thw weekend. I have 3 lights to rough wire before the insulation goes in. Stay warm!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I'm doing my final show of the season in Crofton, Md. Here's a picture of some of my stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Larry, AKA Uncle Fester

Nice looking "stuff" Larry.

I suspect that there will be a Christmas tree decorating festival at our home this weekend. In addition to the usualy running around on Satuday for dance class, karate class, a dentist appt for the younger and family dinner out, I'll be back on the cherry vanity project...Wednesday on the way back from the DC area where I had a meeting with a "governmental agency", I stopped by Hearne Hardwoods and picked up a very nice cherry crotch to resaw for the door panels. (Pictures to be posted in the project thread later) Hopefully, I can get the doors built as well as the drawer boxes this weekend. And start thinking about what I'll build next after I finish this project up.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Alert! Alert!

Becker's gonna actually finish a project?

What's up with that?
    Only the Blue Roads

I'll be doing my last craft show of the season also--a biggie, with over 200 booths and THE must-attend show of the area. Sunday we get to finish the balance of the 2000 Christmas ornaments we've made for a client, then I get to start turning 15 pens for another client, lasering pen boxes, turning another 20 pens for another client, lasering pen boxes, lasering some glassware for yet another client, and...oh, yeah, gotta deliver bookmarks to the library for their grand opening on Monday. Gonna be a busy weekend. Anyone want to come do my laundry and cooking for the weekend???? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

This weekend starts a string off christmas/holiday parties to attend or host every weekend this month.

Finish cleaning the shop, take some pictures, get ready for the next project.

Unfortunately, getting ready will include replacing a $90 ballast in one of my shop lamps - OUCH!
    I have been black and blue in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts with my own furniture. - Frank Lloyd Wright

I have been black and blue and bloody in some spot, somewhere, almost all my life from too intimate contacts while building my own furniture. - Rennie Heuer

No tree here this year - just me and the hubby, no guests, and probably no presents (no money), so no need for a tree. We have some lights up in our livingroom window, but where our house is located nobody can see us so we don't bother to decorate much either.

On the WW front I have 6 raised panel doors to assemble. Slight problem with them, though. Looks like I might have cut the panels just a hair too long on the vertical side, so I'll probably have to shave them down a bit before final assembly. After the doors are all together I have to finish them, then ready for final assembly of the cabinet.

Same here, the wife wants the Christmas stuff up this weekend and she hinted last night that the mantle was looking small, so I am leaving work early today so I can surprise her when she gets home tonight from work with a larger mantle installed I have been working on the last couple of days...