Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Fund Drive Ever

Thanks to all who gave. I get much more here than I could possibly give.
    I bet if you were to match those with 10 or more posts the contribution rate would seem alot more "acceptable". Please, I use that term loosely.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    you're the first "cheerleader" I've seen with a beard....and the thought of you in a short skirt....
    Isn't there a rule buried somewhere in the TOS about This
    John, I would also like to thank you for your efforts, Job well done !
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Thumbs up

Glad it went so well!

Like I said before, this website is far more useful than most of the WWing mags I subscribe to, and I give them waaaay too much $$! So a SMC contribution really is a worthwhile expenditure.

Good job John! (and I AIN"T gonna try to say it in Greek!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pruitt
    Glad it went so well!

Like I said before, this website is far more useful than most of the WWing mags I subscribe to, and I give them waaaay too much $$! So a SMC contribution really is a worthwhile expenditure.

Good job John! (and I AIN"T gonna try to say it in Greek!)
    Ευχαριστώ πολύ φίλος μου (thank you very much my friend)
    Last edited by John Bailey; 12-02-2006 at 3:04 AM.
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

I would like to be a 2007 contributor, I really, really would. Will someone please tell me if my PayPal notice from 19 November is lost or just languishing in Keith's ToDo box?

Craig............send a PM to Keith or Jackie Outten....They'll get back to about you paypal donation.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

What Ken said, well - sorta (nice typin' Ken)

John
    John Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by W Craig Wilson
    I would like to be a 2007 contributor, I really, really would. Will someone please tell me if my PayPal notice from 19 November is lost or just languishing in Keith's ToDo box?
    Craig,

Sorry for the long wait. Your donation has just been entered and your user title should be updated within the hour.

Thanks,
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Eyman
    Yes, it looks like we have enough money to operate for another year, but I am disappointed we did not get a LOT more participation. 400 out of 3000+ is not a good batting average. When one owns something one takes better care of it. Owner occupied housing is usually better maintained than rental housing, for instance. A larger percentage of "owners" here would make it even better - imho.

It is never too late to "buy a piece of the creek".
    I have been waiting until now to make my contribution because I wanted some sort of idea about the percentage of people that "support" the vast majority of the "members" on their contributions. Since I no longer do PayPal, my check is in the mail. However, I agree with Carl. A 10% contribution and support rate is abysmal. I don't understand how someone can be a long-time member and poster here and not be willing to help support the site. And, everyone has the means to provide some sort of support even if it was to mail in $5. I don't see any positive spin to these statistics and find it amazing that some do. For every single contributing member you have 9 people that believe, for some unknown reason, that they shouldn't have to contribute. Sounds like our tax system or our social security system.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barton
    I have been waiting until now to make my contribution because I wanted some sort of idea about the percentage of people that "support" the vast majority of the "members" on their contributions. Since I no longer do PayPal, my check is in the mail. However, I agree with Carl. A 10% contribution and support rate is abysmal. I don't understand how someone can be a long-time member and poster here and not be willing to help support the site. And, everyone has the means to provide some sort of support even if it was to mail in $5. I don't see any positive spin to these statistics and find it amazing that some do. For every single contributing member you have 9 people that believe, for some unknown reason, that they shouldn't have to contribute. Sounds like our tax system or our social security system.
    Couldn't agree more with you or Carl! However, I guess if there's any "positives" to take away from this is, there are still enough active members who think enough of this place called the Creek to donate and to do so on the heavy side when they see that so many others aren't getting involved. They're doing it for themselves and they're doing it for the others. In time, we can only hope that additional members will see the value of this site and contribute when they can or wish to do so. As a society, we tend to dwell on the negative, which is not a good thing mentally or physically. In the end, it's the positive thinkers who make the greatest strides and contributions to society and I, for one, would like to believe that's the direction we're heading. Oh, and thanks so very much for your contribution, as well! Much appreciated, my friend!
    Last edited by John Miliunas; 12-02-2006 at 6:49 PM.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I'm still waiting to get credit for my contribution made in June of 06. I've mentioned it here a few times and I've PM'd Keith with no response...but then, I pm'd him about another issue a while ago with no response on that one either. Guess he does not like us west coasters!

Doug

Doug,

It is possible that I missed your donation, it happens. As far as email and Private Messages I can't possibly answer them all anymore. I'm lucky these days to be able to respond to high priority messages however I hope things wil be settling down a bit shortly.

If you sent your donation by PayPal I can search our database.

Anyone else who hasn't had their user titles updated please respond in this thread, we have at least two checks and a dozen or so PayPal donations that we can't identify. Some were made in the names of companies and some were made by people who are not even Members of The Creek. I have done all the detective work I know to do and can't resolve these donations to a Members name.

Call me Mr. Positive, but I see all kinds of positives here. First, we picked up 855 new members since the drive started, 797 during the drive. Second, we had 35 more contributions this year, during the drive, than all of last year. Third, $8,344 is well above what we need for the annual operating budget and the new server. And fourth, I predicted $8,240 and Keith said probably not quite $8,000. OK, so the fourth one doesn't have much bearing on the matter.

I love it when a plan comes together. (Who was it that said that)Remember the A-Team.

The downside, I agree, is we need to have a a much bigger % of folks contribute. But for now, I want to applaud all of those folks that made this drive a successful and positive experience.

By the way, take a look at the start of the thread, I've updated the figures. Also, we will have more contributors as all the snail mail comes in and the year goes on.

You Folks are Awesome!!!

"We take care of our own, and our borders are open."
    Thanks Andy

Thanks a bunch,

John
    John Bailey

14. 10% of the members contributing is a big deal. I don't know of another on-line community that is successful doing this on this scale. If you can find one, I'd be interested in seeing it!

Oooooops, sorry for being late in donating, but funds from Paypal are on their way. Thanks to all!

Bob
    bob m