Thread: Pm 66 Problem

Pm 66 Problem

Height Adjustment Frozen Up / Seized Up And I Can't Raise Or Lower Blade. Saw Approximately Five Years Old With Light Hobby Use. Has Always Been Somewhat Hard To Turn. Where Do I Look To Find The Problem? Have Cleaned And Can't Find Wood Or Anything Causing The Problem. Any Ideas?
    Randy Paulk

Do you have the lock screw loosened? It is the knob in the center of the wheel. Do you clean the threads on the adjusting screw?

CPeter

Randy -

Unplug the saw, take off the blade blade and look for where the trunnion pivots. It is forward (on the infeed side) of the arbor. It has a big nut to the right of the blade opening. Now, take off the motor cover and look above the motor for an equivalent nut of the left side. That is the shaft that needs lubed.

Try to spray some BoeShield on the shaft where is is accessing through breaks in the trunnion. Use one of the straws that comes with carburetor/brake cleaner to get the lube in place. Don't use WD40 or other penetrating oil as they attract sawdust and dirt.

While you are in there clean the pinion gear and wax the teeth on the trunnion with paste wax.

I had the same problem on my PM66 and that cleared it up.

Good luck,
    Ted

Ted

I Appreciate The Advice. I'll Look And See. I Also Noticed A Grease Fitting Under The Trunion That Is Visible When You Stick Your Head Under The Cleanout Area. It Possibly Lubricates The Same Area. Did Yours Have A Grease Fitting?
    Randy Paulk

Randy -

After a "dive" in the saw, the only grease fitting I found was on the arbor end of the motor. Don't think that puts grease up where it is needed in this case.

Regards,
    Ted

Ted Thanks

I'll See In The Morning If I Can Find The Problem. I'm Hoping I Don't Have To Dismantle To Find The Problem. Major Problem Is I Have Excalibur Sliding Table Attached To The Motor Side Of The Saw. The Problem Has Gotten Worse Over Time. It Has Always Been Hard To Raise And Lower The Blade, But Not Like It Is Now.
    Randy Paulk