Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Help for Steve Clardy

They charge me about 2.5% if I recall. That's going to be a little over $300. Hope they can do something.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Hi John,
    2.5% of $2000 is $50 I think. Do they charge for going and coming also?
    Chuck

Great to see so much being donated to the cause for Steve! Sure hope you get Paypal to curb the fees.

Those pics break my heart buddy, sure hope you get things back together very soon.

So, now I have the choice - Do I edit my post quickly, or just accept the positive forces of humility? Being the humble man I am, I choose humility. Good one Chuck. (Haven't a clue what I was thinking - you ought to see some of my measurements in my shop.)

With great humility,

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bailey
    (Haven't a clue what I was thinking - you ought to see some of my measurements in my shop.)
    Hmmm...That could work to your advantage, John. Let's see: You planned on a 10x20 shop and ended up with a 100x20 shop! Yeah, that might work!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Well, late to the party as usual. Just noticed this thread. When I was a real newbie Creeker, Steve not only gave me some good advice he took the time to sketch out what he meant, scan it and e-mail it to me so I could use it. The kind of person we all can be proud to call a fellow Creeker.

PayPal sent, Dennis.

Steve, get 'er done buddy. It'll be okay.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

PayPal sent. My best to Steve. I hope he is up and running again soon.

Jack

Hang in there buddy, wishing you a fast recovery so you can get the green backs flowing again. Dennis some more on your way in the paypal account.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    Dennis...I think you're the real santa.
    Attachment 51830
    'course...I had to paste Andy's beard on your face...sorry 'bout that!!
    Here's Dennis doing something kind for another individual and you are being mean................I'll be you beat your horsies too don't you Mr. Hart?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Good morning everyone,

after going through more paypal donations we are at:

$2,636.64 (minus Paypal fees unless I can convince them to drop them for this one time).

I know that there are more donations coming via snail mail and those that told me how much they were sending, I've added that in to the total so far. Some didn't say how much, so I won't have a complete total until all donations are in.

Keep it coming folks. I'm not tired of doing this and I'm getting more excited every day as we give more to Steve for a very worthy cause.

For those that have donated? THANK YOU!!!!!

BTW, I am ASKING each of you to contact PayPal asking them to wave the fees on this via my PayPal account. I'm fighting to be able to give to Steve EVERY NICKLE that has been donated and dad-burn-it, I ain't given up because I know how to round up some troops!!!!
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 12-05-2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock

BTW, I am ASKING each of you to contact PayPal asking them to wave the fees on this via my PayPal account. I'm fighting to be able to give to Steve EVERY NICKLE that has been donated and dad-burn-it, I ain't given up because I know how to round up some troops!!!!
    Done deal, Dennis. Sent off a note to PP moments ago. I'll let you know if I get any response from them. Thanks again for your efforts with this!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY OFF-TOPIC RANT:

THOSE FEES! are why I refuse to use PayPal--or take credit cards for my business. I figure that if I earn the money, I want all of it, not just a part! Us small business(wo)men get royally messed over with the high fees that credit-card companies (and PayPal) charge. My attorney boss at my day job has quit taking AmEx because they have been taking about 7%. The larger your monthly intake from credit cards, the less the companies will take as fees, but they base your rates on your prior year's volume. No wonder VISA/MC/AmEx etc have so much money--they get it from the people who accept the credit cards, and they get it from the people who use the credit cards (in interest, late fees, over-limit fees, yearly renewals, etc., etc.,)

I think I'm going back to a cash/check business plan!!

And now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Nancy
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 12-05-2006 at 2:25 PM. Reason: Correct "spelling".
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Nancy, I certainly understand where you are coming from with your rant, but just as you expect to be compensated for the work you do, so does Visa. They are providing a convenience factor to your customer. Price the surcharge into your products. When someone does pay with cash or equivalent, consider that a bonus.

Late as usual , I have sent a snail maildonation. hang in there Steve we are all pulling for you.

Roger

Dennis, I felt the same way about about the paypal fees for the school lathe drive. I didn't think to contact them to get them waived. Great idea! I suspect if you reach the right person, they will be willing to waive the fees. However, I will take care of plan 'B'. If Paypal doesn't cover the fees, I will. Let me know.