Thread: My own Review / Gloat Grizzly G0513 Bandsaw

Talking My own Review / Gloat Grizzly G0513 Bandsaw

Well, in the shadow of Terry's review of his newly acquired saw, I will give my own review of my G0513 which was delivered yesterday.

Ordered online - 10/31 easy, quick confirmation

Shipping confirmaiton 11/1

11/3 item at shipping terminal, call to set up delivery

11/4 delivery

The delivery process was ok at best. The company used was not that great. When I set up the delivery, the dispatch on the phone gave me a 30 minute time window of when to expect my delivery. He said between 11:30 and Noon, and the driver did not show up until 2:30pm. Ok, not too big of a deal, but I could have worked a half day instead of staying home all day.
    Also, the saw was jambed in between a straight line of other pallets, requiring my sledge hammer to move the others so mine could come out. The shipping crate was pretty broken up, and this was recorded on the bill of lading (which pissed the driver off).

With some help the saw was finally on the ground in my garage/shop for assembly.

First impressions: What a beast! This thing is big. And it's name was born: Bandsawasaurus!

Quickly checked that all was accounted for. Interesting that the manual was shipped in the lower wheel compartment, and that the saw is shipped with a 1/2" blade installed....

First thing was to get it on the shop fox mobile base.

Table cleaned up with some effort, and is perfectly flat! No rough edges and went on the trunion with out much effort.

Manual is ok, but could be a little better sequenced. Like putting the positive stop in place before the table goes on, and also, positioning the table lock handle to a position that allows the table to be unlocked. But nothing too complicated.

Fence goes on pretty easy, and seems ok.

Blade adjustments were easy and responsive.

I then rewired the motor to 110 as I will be using the same outlet as I use for my 1023s 2hp table saw. Put on a plug and got ready.

Checked everything (or so I thought) and plugged the saw in, and to my surprise, it started running!!!

Ok, so immediately unplugged. Doh, it is not a magnetic switch like on my table saw. Push the OFF and it clicks! Plug the saw back in and nothing happens. Good. Turn it on and up she comes.

After a few more adjustments, I am ready to try some cuts.

WOW, cuts like butter. Pushed some thick oak through it, and not a problem. Stock blade could be better, but not super bad. I will order as most suggest the timber wolf blades.

So that is it. Great saw! Easy to put together, and so far very easy to use. No vibrations, and cuts really well!

-dan

Dan,

Man they are sellin' them things like hot cakes!!!!! It's an incredible buy in my book. My timberwolf blades are supposed to ship out tomorrow. Can't wait to see how they do on the "bandsawasaurs" I like that one.

I got the cyclone hooked up and I say WOW on that deal. The saw has GREAT dust collection. Only problem I saw was the cyclone is moving so much air thru the cabinet that I had to prop open the lower door to keep the air from SCREAMING thru the little space between the lower door and the body of the saw.

Glad I didn't have to deal with shipping the saw.

Here are a couple of pics of the ductwork.

Terry

p.s. don't forget the 131 1/2" blade deal when you order!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]