Thread: Setting Grid size in TurboCad v9

Setting Grid size in TurboCad v9

okay........can't figure it out...!!

For example, I have a kitchen drawing 1/4" = 1 foot.....I want to make each grid box 1/4".........how do I do this??

You set the grid in the "options" pulldown on the upper toolbar. Are you trying to have a drawing that is scaled 1/4"= 1"? I am just trying to understand your issue. I set my grid to 1' major grid devided into 12 devisions. Each devision then becomes one inch. Makes it easy to draw quickly. I set it up one time and name it 1x12 grid and save it. When I start a new drawing I grab the 1x12grid and start drawing. Then save it with a new name and the original is left blank for the next time. To get a 1/4" drawing you would set up the page in the print window. Does that help any? Joe

I read your post again. I'll try this again. Pull down the "options" window. Select grid. The drawing setup window will come up. In the "spacing" boxes set to .25. Then select "advanced grid" and set frequency x & Y to 1. Select devisions below and set both to 4. This will give you a major grid at 1" and a minor grid at 1/4". Try that and see if it works for you. Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Foggia
    I read your post again. I'll try this again. Pull down the "options" window. Select grid. The drawing setup window will come up. In the "spacing" boxes set to .25. Then select "advanced grid" and set frequency x & Y to 1. Select devisions below and set both to 4. This will give you a major grid at 1" and a minor grid at 1/4". Try that and see if it works for you. Joe
    Joe - that is perfect!!

I just couldn't find it..... I knew a Smart Person on SMC would - like you!!

Yes.... I decide on 1/4" = 1' scale would be easy to work on...from my old drafting/Architect classes in High School.... NO AutoCad then!

Thank you !!

One other question.... when I turn on the grids for a printout...is there any way to make them "faint or thin lines..."?...so they don't over power the drawing itself??

Have you tried printing them yet? I tried and it was very feint. I don't know of a way to adjust. If you find a way post and pm me. Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Foggia
    Have you tried printing them yet? I tried and it was very feint. I don't know of a way to adjust. If you find a way post and pm me. Joe
    Joe - Each time I print them...they are as thick as the drawing detail itself. SO, needless to say...it's not the best. I wish they were at 30-40% of the regular linework. I'll keep fiddling!!

Thanks for your help - and welcome to SMC!

When I print it is a very feint blue. Major slightly darker than the minor. I am trying to see where that is set up. Joe