Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of gloats and almost finished project

Couple of gloats and almost finished project

Just wanted to post a couple of pics of my new toyl gloats and of an almost finished project. The gloats are a PM2000 (replacing a C'man contractors saw) and a new '06 Honda Goldwing (kinda like a convertible Lexus with all the bells and whistles (heated seats and grips, satellite nav, fine stereo, CB, and ABS brakes - the only thing I didn't spring for was an airbag which believe it or not is an option on this motorcycle). The project is a headboard to add to the bedroom suite that I have been toiling on for my daughter. In the past I made a dresser and mirror and two nightstands. Next may be a blanket chest for the foot of the bed then maybe a chest of drawers. Running low on QS red oak which is what this is all made of. Hope the pics come thru - I am not very good at this sort of thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Mike, be careful or you'll get sawdust on that there new table saw....errrrr....scooter, I mean! Nice pieces, no doubt! The last 'Wing I had was a '76! They've changed just a tad since then.

Looks to me like that headboard is coming along right nicely, as well! Yeah, I'm of the opinion, if you're going to do something in Oak, it may as well be qtr-sawn! Nice job, Mike! Oh, and ride safe! Remember, "shiny side goes up"!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Here are some pics of the dresser and night stands that I previously made. Hope you enjoy.
    P.S. Sorry about the mess in my daughter's room.

Yeah Mike, that headboard will certainly round out a beautiful looking suite! I especially love the contrasty woods...Gives it a very contemporary look, which I like. Well done, man!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Very nice, Mike! Congrats on the gloats. And those drawer fronts really "sing"...it's nice you're doing the bed to match!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nice GL1800, I find it hard to find to to do any woodworking when I could be out riding our '01 GL1800

gaylordkoa (528 x 396).jpg

2004 001 (528 x 396).jpg
    Last edited by Kurt Strandberg; 12-07-2006 at 9:02 PM.

Cool! I have a 1800 CC Honda too

I wish I had a decent table saw right now

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! You guys are making me sick! When we moved to this place 3 years ago, there was this nice shop area here. When I mentioned getting a Harley, the LOML said, "Fine." Quickly adding, "You can have the Harley or you can get the rest of the shop equipment you've been wanting."

Guess I may just have to get busy with my WW tools and build one o' these:
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

As a woodworker, I really love that PM2000. I'm really jealous.

As a NeuroMD, that bike scares the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! You guys are making me sick! When we moved to this place 3 years ago, there was this nice shop area here. When I mentioned getting a Harley, the LOML said, "Fine." Quickly adding, "You can have the Harley or you can get the rest of the shop equipment you've been wanting."

Guess I may just have to get busy with my WW tools and build one o' these:
    Hey John,

I guess that would be considered a hard tail. Huh?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux
    Hey John,

I guess that would be considered a hard tail. Huh?

Joe
    Yes Joe, I believe that would be a good assumption! Of course, mine will have some large handcut DT's on the major joints for additional strength!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Quote Originally Posted by John Kain
    As a woodworker, I really love that PM2000. I'm really jealous.

As a NeuroMD, that bike scares the crap out of me.
    Thanks for all the kind comments.
    For you Doc, would it make you feel better if I told you that as a former paramedic the infinite possibilities of injuries are always on my mind. As is my beautiful daughter. With that in mind I WILL NOT ride without the proper protective equipment. I have found that with my leather chaps, riding jacket (with body armor), and a nicely graphic'd helmet (with mirrored shield for daylight), safety glasses, riding gloves, boots, etc that I not only am very protected but also look kinda sexy. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks again for all the great comments and yes - I plan to keep the shiny side up!!

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Nice toys. As a former Craftsman owner, you'll smile every time you fire up that PM! Nice GL, I can't believe they are up to 1800cc. I road many a mile on my buddies GL1000 back in the '80's, when we'd tour cross country.

Oh yeah, beautiful bedroom set too!
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 12-08-2006 at 3:36 PM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

It really is a small world.

Here is a picture of my GL1800 in Chicken, Alaska. I rode from Racine, WI to Alaska and back with some friends in July.

Jeff

So Jeff...for those of us who are "bike-challenged"...which one is yours?
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...