Thread: Dealing with Problems

Exclamation Dealing with Problems

SawMill Creek is growing at a very high rate these days and its not a surprise that some will join us that won't be happy here or won't fit in with our Community. Our goal is to keep The Creek as friendly as possible. The truth is The Creek is doing very well and we are looking forward to another great year of serving our Woodworking Community and expanding our services. A brand new server is on the way and our entire Staff is working on the new Portal Page that will make it easier to navigate The Creek. Aaron Koehl is in the process of selecting new modules for our software that will improve things and add new features.

I ask our Members to help our Staff to identify problems, posts and Users who are disrespectful of our Community Standards so we may quickly deal with the situation. It is better to make the necessary adjustments quickly than to allow our Community to suffer or be disturbed by those whose goal is to disrupt The Creek and not participate in a friendly manner.

Please be patient when problems arise or disruptive users join SMC. With your help we will address each situation when it is reported and eliminate the problems ASAP.

Problems or concerns should be reported via our Private Message system to the Moderator of your choice. Our Staff will be more than happy to investigate your report and keep your communication confidential.

Thanks to All,

Keith

I will add that members reporting issues to moderators remain patient as we are all volunteers with real jobs and families. Most of us "check in" to SMC a lot, but there are always times that access is not possible. Reporting posts using the little red and white triangle at the top, right of any post will message all of the moderators that have responsibility for the particular forum that the call originates from.

Thanks in advance to everyone for helping moderate this great community.

Jim
    SMC Moderator

Keith, thanks for the reminder, and for what it's worth, I feel you and the rest of the SMC staff is doing an OUTSTANDING job with our website! The Creek continues to be my favorite place on the internet, and my daily routine has changed to now include several checks of SMC! You (and the moderators) have done a superb job of dealing with the chaos of a rapidly growing community, and I appreciate your effort!

Thanks for all you do!
    "Be true to your work, your word, and your friend." -Henry David Thoreau

Thanks Keith, Jackie, Aaron and all the moderators for ALL you do to make SMC the best it can be.

Thank you to all the staff that keep the standars of SMC High!

Jim thank for the tip about the red and white triangel to report bad post.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

yes, a great praise for you guys, thanks for all you've done

Joash

you guys rock