Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installed a Wixey digital height gauge on planer (w/pics)

Thanks David, that was really well presented. Gratuitus shot appreciated! It seemed to have a striking similarity to a post I saw yesterday on the Canadian Home Workshop forum. Are you spreadin' the wealth around?

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARINO
    Thanks David,

I just may get one for my DW 735.

Bob
    My first Wixey DRO was on the 735 I had. Piece o' cake and really nice to have on there! I feel that, it's not just for the initial planing but, it also offers a very certain amount of repeatability. For me, that's great because, about the time I have "just enough" boards planed for a project, I mess one up and have to return back to milling up some more stock!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

John, given the popularity of the 735 (in my shop) , and Dan's impending purchase, do you happen to have an install tutorial in your files?

Merry Christmas, Tom, in Houston, thinking about a Wexey for his 735
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hamilton
    John, given the popularity of the 735 (in my shop) , and Dan's impending purchase, do you happen to have an install tutorial in your files?

Merry Christmas, Tom, in Houston, thinking about a Wexey for his 735
    Tom, sadly, the best I can come up with is this original writeup here at the Creek: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=20346
    Mind you, the part about the battery is now a foregone issue and, if I recall correctly from the last Wixey I bought for my YorkCraft planer, I think Barry may be including some additional hardware pieces, making it even easier to install on a wider variety of planers. I seriously think you can't go wrong with the unit! There are others out there, though the price points are significantly higher. They may have more robust features but, for my purposes, the Wixey readouts have been spot on!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Thanks, John, better than nothing!

Tom, in Houston, clicking on the Wixey site.
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

John
    Do you have any pics of the install on your Yorkcraft planer? I have a Yorkcraft 20” planer and have looked through the Wixey photo gallery and have a good idea how I am going to install mine but have just not got around to it yet. I am hopping I will have some time in the next week. I will be sure to get some photos of the installation process to post here after I finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Diana
    John
    Do you have any pics of the install on your Yorkcraft planer? I have a Yorkcraft 20” planer and have looked through the Wixey photo gallery and have a good idea how I am going to install mine but have just not got around to it yet. I am hopping I will have some time in the next week. I will be sure to get some photos of the installation process to post here after I finish.
    Dave, funny you should ask and mention the pics at Wixey; As it happens, the pics of the Yorkcraft install out there are mine! If you need any further detailed pics or info, let me know and I'll do whatever I can to give you a hand. Basically, if a numb-skull like me can do it, most anyone out here can do it!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Thanks a lot John. The pics on the Wixey site are pretty good I just thought you might have a different twist to the installation. Once I get up to my neck in the install I may give you a call to bail be out

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Diana
    Thanks a lot John. The pics on the Wixey site are pretty good I just thought you might have a different twist to the installation. Once I get up to my neck in the install I may give you a call to bail be out
    You got it, bud! Let me know....
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas