Thread: Timberwolf blade question....

Timberwolf blade question....

Hey guy's,

The mail lady dropped off my Timberwolf baldes today for the new G0513 BS. When I called TW, they recommended that I get a 3/4" 2 tpi blade for resawing up to 12". When I examined the blade it has a BUNCH of set. I was a bit suprised by this much set. Do resaw blades normally have major set like this???? The set in the blade makes for a EXTREMELY rough cut. Nothing that can't be planed out of course, but I was just a bit suprised by the roughness.

It mounted on the saw perfectly. The 131 1/2" blade length seems to be perfect. Tensioned rught up with no problem. I did a little test on a piece of 11 1/2" white oak. The saw did not even slow down. Power will definetly not be a problem with this saw!!!!

More testing tomorrow. I'll post the results.

Thanks,

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terry, my 3 tpi blade from them has quite a bit of set too. I don't think quite as much as yours though. The slower the feed, the better the cut I got. Check their web page. They explain the dynamics on this I think. Try a very slow feed though. I go a lot slower with my little Delta than what would bog down the 1 & 1/2 HP motor I added later. I also upped the speed to Suffolk's recommendations with a pulley change. It was about 15% too slow from the factory.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield
    Hey guy's,

The mail lady dropped off my Timberwolf baldes today for the new G0513 BS. When I called TW, they recommended that I get a 3/4" 2 tpi blade for resawing up to 12". When I examined the blade it has a BUNCH of set. I was a bit suprised by this much set. Do resaw blades normally have major set like this???? The set in the blade makes for a EXTREMELY rough cut. Nothing that can't be planed out of course, but I was just a bit suprised by the roughness.

It mounted on the saw perfectly. The 131 1/2" blade length seems to be perfect. Tensioned rught up with no problem. I did a little test on a piece of 11 1/2" white oak. The saw did not even slow down. Power will definetly not be a problem with this saw!!!!

More testing tomorrow. I'll post the results.

Thanks,

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    Terry, my 3 tpi blade from them has quite a bit of set too. I don't think quite as much as yours though. The slower the feed, the better the cut I got. Check their web page. They explain the dynamics on this I think. Try a very slow feed though. I go a lot slower with my little Delta than what would bog down the 1 & 1/2 HP motor I added later. I also upped the speed to Suffolk's recommendations with a pulley change. It was about 15% too slow from the factory.

David
    David,

Perhaps I need a house call from Dr. Bandsaw!! I will give it a try this afternoon and see how it goes.

Thanks,

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hey Terry! If you are calling me "Dr. Bandsaw", remember that I am the guy whose Delta wheels could not be made coplaner (without major surgery), and the closer I got the worse the blade tracked vertically. I got into it with the real bandsaw guys over that and never did agree with them. But I think you know that hardheadedness runs in our family. Anyway, I think I was disbarred from the BS medical community.

Seriously though, if you can give me a little time (deer season opened yesterday and it's like April for the tax man), I'd love to play with your new puppy. It is past time for us to get together anyway.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hatfield
    David,

Perhaps I need a house call from Dr. Bandsaw!! I will give it a try this afternoon and see how it goes.

Thanks,

Terry