Thread: Mounting plate for M12V2?

Mounting plate for M12V2?

Hey, all! I suspect that I am going to get a Hitachi M12V2 for Christmas, and I am currently shopping for a mounting plate so I can build an extension for my saw and put it there instead of taking up space somewhere else. I think the router is a fairly new model; most of the plates I've looked at do not list the M12V2 as one of the routers that fits. I do not want to drill a blank plate. I am intrigued by the Mast-R-plate--has anybody used one? And are there other stock plates out there that will fit this router? Thanks.

Not sure about that new model, but I have my M12V hanging from a Woodpecker plunge lift. I don't have any experience with the other good quality lifts, such as you mentioned, but I've been very happy with this one. You might check their website..

http://www.woodpeck.com/plungelift.html

and call them at the 800 #. They're good folks.

Andy

How about posting a pic of the M12V2. I have an old M12V from a garage sale with no handles & no original variable speed (for free) with a remote variable speed installed in a rousseau plate its not hard to drill the plate you can make a pattern off the base plate for the router & a router raiser is usually less expensive than other router raising devices. This router stays in the router table wing of my Unisaw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 12-17-2006 at 12:16 PM.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Here's the best I can do. I am not sure if they have changed the plate from the previous versions, but I think they have...

Blog Entries
    I bought a Rockler plate and had it machined at a local machine shop for $20. This made the plate $65 total and the above the table adjustment hole could be placed where ever you like. Just an idea.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Darl,
    I have the M12V mounted perminately in a cabinet that I built. Bought the top and plate from a well known supplier. Wanted the 3/8 plate and leveling screws of their design. Living in a small non metro area we only have a Lowe's. Needing longer screws because of the plate thickness and Lowes does not carry metric (M5) I had to go to the local Fastenal and buy a box (100) just to get the 4 that I needed. If you find that you need longer screws, will be happy to send you some free.
    Like Bart I did not have any problem drilling my plate. Hardest part is making sure it is centered. I did not worry about the above table lift as you have to reach in the cabinet to unlock the router to raise or lower.
    I too removed the handles just for easier access around the router. Works great.
    Good luck and Merry Christmas,
    Chuck

Always mess it up. Another try.[ATTACH]Project 04 (576 x 432).jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't have much to add to the thread other than to say.....WOW! They sure have gussied-up the traditional "Incredible Hulk"!!

- Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Darl Bundren
    Here's the best I can do. I am not sure if they have changed the plate from the previous versions, but I think they have...

Hmm...looks like the Power Rangers version! Or may be they hired someone from the atheletic/'hood shoes design industry...
    -----

Darl, I recommend that whatever mounting plate you choose be made of metal.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I would recommend Woodhaven and their plates/leveling system.