Thread: water mark

water mark

How can I get a water mark off a dresser top that was top coated with water based polyurathane,,,,,,
    Mike

Blog Entries

Try this

Here's a way that I've used. I take it the water mark is a white ring in the finish??

If so the do this. Get a clean dry linen towel (not a terry cloth type) and place it folded over the spot so there are 2-3 layers of cloth on top of the area. Next. Get a clothes iron, set it on "cotton" or hot setting and "press" the towel, getting the surface under it very hot. Not so hot as you scortch the towel. You can lift the towel as you are doing this to see how things are going. Once the surface area is good and hot, the moisture will vaporize back into the wood fibers and the ring will be gone. If some evidence of hte mark remains once things cool down, you can repeat the treatment.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute