Thread: Crooked Drawers

Crooked Drawers

In our shop we sometimes have problems with crooked drawers. I have a pic attached that shows how the drawer looks from a top view when it is crooked. We usually use faceframing with 1/2" overlay drawer fronts. I'm pretty sure that this happens because the drawer box is not perfectly square. But one today was built and its only 1/32" off from being square. This is pretty close to square for a 32" wide drawer. Any ideas out there? Sure would like all the drawerfronts to lay flush agaisnt the faceframing! We are using full extension drawer slides by the way!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your picture didn't attach properly Darrin. Are the drawer boxes twisted? I'm sure that's the obvious one you've already checked for. Have you set the drawer slides both to the same neutral adjustment if they are the adjustable type like Blum motion?

Good luck

"edit" Ok I understand your picture now. Providing the case is square I can only see it being a problem with getting the slides mounted in the identical spots on both sides of the case and box. If you're using one of those moulded jigs for mounting could there be something stuck to it that keeps it from referencing properly on the case?
    Last edited by Kristian Wild; 12-18-2006 at 11:18 PM.

Three choices: boxes are out of square, the drawers are, or they both are. At this point you could join the drawer front on the back side so it sits flush. Check and double check for square and figure it out for the future. Joe

I've installed a few new drawers in old cabinets. Pain in the butt, but you can easily get the same problem if the rails aren't lined up right.

Move your rear mounts (or shim the sides depending on how they're attached) right or left to correct.